Anybody ever built an e-skate with normal street skate deck?

I put this DIYeboard kit on a cruiser deck. I ended up removing the risers as they where not needed. Just have to be careful about foot placement when breaking. Board tends to want to push your weight forward when breaking and that causes the back wheels to rise up.

1 Like

Hey man, how is riding over speedbumps etc? Seems like you havenā€™t got a lot of space left to the ground

2 Likes

I built one with an 8.5" bamboo deck but mounted the trucks on the tails instead.

Meant to be my milk run deck so nothing overly fancy.

1 Like

short wheelbase does work

2 Likes

Guess it works, but it is harder? Maybe not for beginners with little to no experience in skating?

1 Like

Its hard for me to say, Iā€™ve used short decks since the 80s, you do have to tighten up the back truck to handle speeds but the wide makes this much better to control than youā€™d expect.

I wouldnā€™t let someone ride this if they had never tried skating before, but then again Iā€™m way paranoid about unexpected people hurting themselves on my decks :slight_smile:

My friend cracked a rib riding mineā€¦ :frowning:

i want to link to this topic:

maybe this will get more interesting now with some news and other builds

1 Like

I can corroborate that ā€“ the instability caused by short wheelbase is mostly rectified by having a 10" or wider deck. This is one reason I love the Powell-Peralta 1980s reissue decks for esk8. And the shortness makes for SUPER-EASY carry if you put a handle on the front, under the nose.

1 Like

So how fast can you ride with this deck?

I havenā€™t had them over 22mph, but ride that fast on them all the time with no issues at all.

same here mine is Meepo parts had it to 22mph mostly ride on middle mode on 16mph max I find that ideal for the size.

1 Like

I made sure to use 44 degree calibers on mine so the steering angle is much lessā€¦this way it feels more like a longer wheelbaseā€¦depending on what trucks you use, you can make it much more stable by de-wedging the trucks to make them turn lessā€¦the short wheelbase is enough to make it very agile, but with lower angle trucks you can turn on a dime still and then go 20+ mph as well very stableā€¦but as someone said above, this style of eskate isnā€™t for beginner skaters, the feel of a short wheel base is that of responsive quick action and it will buck an unsuspecting kook in a heartbeatā€¦while experienced skaters will love that you can both turn and go fast, and of course while powered this is even more enjoyableā€¦

1 Like

This is one I made awhile back, ended up giving it away to a kid whoā€™s dad I worked with. Little bastard was doing manuels within minutes of getting on, figured he needed it more than me :slight_smile:.

2 Likes