Another integrated deck project

It’s milled from a sheet of textolite.

4 Likes

Here are some pics of new wheel wells. I’m super happy with them! Riser is about 2mm less than bottom of the deck and still 90mm wheels have no problem. Couldn’t get a wheel bite with very loose trucks. Now I see that 100mm are very doable :smiley:

kicktail wheel%20wells

12 Likes

It looks super good :stuck_out_tongue: :+1:

EDIT : the wheelwells are beautifull, the profil is the same as a supercar !!!

2 Likes

+1! this is the one I want to build, outstanding design.

3 Likes

Have you a lid tease for us Luke? Textolite that’s an interesting choice over regular glassfiber, is there any material property that was really attractive or is this an available and fits the bill thing? Soviets used it in heat shield technology!

Another nice choice maybe basalt fiber but not sure how hard it is to get, really indestructible stuff, Trampa uses it as far as I can determine & they offer a lifetime guarantee on structure of their boards & Pele had fake hair made of the stuff

Until now is the price still around 150?

1 Like

I have those lids ready. This is how it looks. I wanted to show it on painted deck but its not ready yet so here is a pic with raw after cnc. IMG_20190114_165132

@banjaxxed Tekstolite is strong material and widely available in Poland. Maybe it’s because we were under influence of Soviets for many years and learn how to use it? The thing I need is stiffness from 3mm thick material. Epoxy and glass fiber (also known as glass tekstolite or FR4 or G10 ). Might be better and I think I have found a good source for it. I’ll test that. Basalt is more exotic and Trampa deck are rather flexy so maybe not ideal for this application.

@Grozniy yes the no kicktail version is 150euro and kicktail will be a bit more because it’s bigger and I can have 2-3 board less from whole sheet of plywood compared to no kicktail version.

BTW. If any one have a good name for those two let me know. I would gladly stop to call them by a version :wink:

8 Likes

looks sick! is that the final color of the lid?

1 Like

Who needs a name, sell them already :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

My entry for the naming contest! “Heat shield”

Or ‘Re-entry’ hahahah

1 Like

Poezja for the small one. Just take a polish word that sounds great with some meaning. edit: If I were you I’d do the same with a german word, the world loves German words :smiley: Something like “Donnervogel” or “Mörderbrett” :smiley: editedit: Theres a generator for everything: https://www.bestrandoms.com/random-german-words :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Right of course no flex my bad!

1 Like

@LukePL The Aster

1 Like

Sorry but German for me is like… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcxvQI88JRY :smiley:

Only time I found it cool was a name of those big ass fighting robots in “Pacific Rim” movie - Jäger :wink:

3 Likes

In case some one missed it…

:wink:

@LukePL Can you CNC the integrated enclosure one mm deeper? Before you never added the thickness of the lid to the value so I thought that NESE modules fit easily but they are 22mm and now its onl 21mm that they can take. I will reinforce the structure anyway so this Milimeter shouldn’t hurt :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When there’s a sealing it’s 23mm. IMG_20190123_112047_HHT

and I like the thickness of bottom

IMG_20190123_111243_HHT but… I’ll add two veneers on top so I’ll be able to make it 3mm deeper :wink: with total od 26mm everything should fit. Painting the thing is pain in the ass so those veneers will make it much better.

4 Likes

how about these at 20mm? image

3 Likes

@LukePL, is there a chance that the ply might delaminate? How many miles have they been tested for or would they be tested for before you send the new ones out?

BTW, I just filled out the google form.

1 Like

It’s hard to say how many miles. I have used whole last year one ugly prototype that I would never give for free to any one with zero problems. This prototype was made with a vacuum bag (the one used for clothing storage) and vacuum cleaner :smiley: This final version is made on press so much better process. Glue that is used is from Franklin International and it’s the one that most of the deck company uses. There’s always a possibility but it would have to be manufacturing error in which case I would send replacement.

5 Likes