Am i too old for an electric longboard?

please make sure you order a helm and some hard elbow and knee pads while your waiting for your kit. I can tell you from experience after 40 the ground seems that much harder than it used to be :wink:

11 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m 53 first skated in 1978 when the craze hit England just got back on a board, donā€™t let age spoil the fun.

2 Likes

How about @mmaner? Think Mike is one of the oldest? Isnā€™t he a grand dad now?

HEY!!! You better watch your mouth!

ā€¦(under his breath) what the hell, grandad, bullshā€¦ coming out of peopleā€™s faces, what the hellā€¦

Just messing with you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

My mistake; I though I read somewhere in the forum about an Alabama bearded dude pulling a baby carriage while dragging his eboard thru the park. (It must have been a dad) :smile:

1 Like

OMG, not me, not at all me. I would hook the baby carriage to the board and pull it at 25 mphā€¦survival of the fittest right :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is how itā€™s properly done! longboard-stroller1-640x533

3 Likes

iā€™m like 99% sure i saw a thread on here about electrifying one of those things :rofl:

5 Likes

Its definitely doable. Iā€™m trying to build a universal joint that has a truck top mount plate on 1 side and a bike mount on the other so I can hook up a wagon and take my big ass german shepherd outā€¦the only problem is she absolutely hates stuff that rolls :frowning:

2 Likes

throw your son in the wagon! i know iā€™d be down to be pulled around on an esk8 by my dad lol

1 Like

Nope, heā€™d just whine that I was going too slow :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not at all, im 46 and starting a business around it. GET OUT AND RIDE BROTHER EVERY MINUTE YOU CANā€¦the wife will never understand

4 Likes

GET OUT AND RIDE BROTHER EVERY MINUTE YOU CANā€¦the wife will never understand

Nope, she will not. (is the closest thing to men sitting for an entire month in front of their 60ā€™ inch 4K tvs watching the world cup):yum: :crazy_face: :soccer: :ru: :tv:

1 Like

there is another plus point to the TSG Pass when your older - noone can see grey hairā€¦

dropped of my car for a service with my board when i went to pick it up, this time carrying the board the guy wouldnā€™t believe it was me riding past at 25mph earlier :wink:

2 Likes

From my personal experience: Just build her one and get her excited, sheĀ“ll love it :wink: WeĀ“re doing Sunday-trips together since then

4 Likes

Iā€™m 38 years old and just built my first electric longboard a month ago. Now my 38 year old wife wants me to build her one too. Guess Iā€™m a lucky dude.

7 Likes

I was around 37 when i got into it too. Iā€™m 41 now and iā€™ve been so completely taken by it that i build boards all the time and ride anytime i have a free minute.

Thereā€™s an 76 year old man i met last week who chased me down with his grossly over powered fat tire ebike (seriously, he didnā€™t even have a chain. The man was not about to pedal assist) just to see if esk8 was something he wanted to try out. We talked a while, bought some beer and went back to my shop. He decided he didnā€™t want to try the board, but i did hella donuts in my front yard on his bike. I think weā€™re friends now.

22 Likes

Yes you are.

3 Likes

Iā€™m 47 an 8 month and i love my electronic mountain board also designed my own motor mounts.

3 Likes

Haha, thatā€™s an awesome story. I get what you are saying on getting completely over taken. This hobby is becoming an addiction. Since my last post, my wife and I have started riding together. Itā€™s so much fun when you get to ride with someone else. Now my 10 year old son is begging me to build him one too. Ugh.

3 Likes