Am i too old for an electric longboard?

I am 40, still riding my board go and back to work evey days. in china the triffic condition is crazy. you crash with a cow on the road…just don’t afraid of die, we will die anyway…

2 Likes

Cows can’t stop us! Esk8OrDie

2 Likes

I’m not a big fan of the zboards - when I’m riding on concrete and there are significant gaps or heave between the panels I like to put all my weight on the back wheels while the front rolls over the gap/heave - I think you can’t do this with a ZBoard without it slowing or stopping.

Seems like having to keep your weight forward to go fast is a recipe for disaster.

Maybe someone who has one can school me otherwise?

I fully support larger wheels.

DougM

Let me know when you’re ready for a Cadillac brother. I can do a foam top on big soft wheels and enough range to get you anywhere, with a nice casual acceleration curve but enough power to feel like you’re on something good. Soft and smooth with plenty of torque.

2 Likes

Well, we shall find out! Not commuting so I can pick ideal riding surfaces. Got a bike trail 2 blocks away that is very smooth, goes right to the grocery store or bars, resturants and coffee shops the other way. And I do like the grab and go simplicity of the Zboard. 24 mile range is also impressive at their price point. This guy seems to do just fine on typical urban bumps/cracks. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qwkRGwW05Mo

Just got back from my first esk8 ride. No drama except for my calfs feeling fatigued. The foot pad controls on the Zboard do take some practice and I’ll need some hours to become proficient. Started on beginner mode but put it in normal on a 2 block stretch uphill. Climbed right up. Going to be awhile before I can test the range because my calf muscles need conditioning. Nice way to get some freah air.

3 Likes

Haven’t skateboarded since I was a teen…just bought an electric longboard. I turn a young 62 this year. Loving it!

13 Likes

Did they get one?

3 Likes

Great topic, Thanks for bumping this @sky, @b264

…:this comment was Edited.

1 Like

@Sky bumped it. I just asked something I’ve been dying to ask if it was ever bumped

2 Likes

I’m 51 :slight_smile: And now 300 km with my esk8 since april. Only fun !!

2 Likes

Looks like I’m not the oldest here anymore. I’m only 60

8 Likes

Yeah one of the younger lads is building one. We bought focboxes and nano remots from the black friday sell. And a spotwelder last month. Still missing a deck, battery, and motor.

1 Like

For sure those lads have now got a lot older waiting for their black Friday parts…

5 Likes

I turn 31 this year and I broke 2 ribs 7 days ago on a group ride but Its not gonna stop me. Now I need to order a chest protector lol.

Hah :grin: We actually bought them from @monkey32 and recieved them early January :+1: Are people still waiting on those focboxes? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Mine have arrived but not too long ago… Most plans for the parts have changed! (many times…)

44… according to my birth certificate. 25… according to everyone else :grin:

5 Likes

I see. So much for “500 units ready to be shipped” :smirk:

Yesterday a bunch of kids with kickboards(dunno the right word) and such shouted at me while i were passing by, “Why you skate? You are too old!”. And i’m only 31 :smile:

1 Like