Am i too old for an electric longboard?

My dad is 53 with two blown knees and weighs 270lbs. He’ll ride until his knees hurt and then sits on the board and ride home hahaha.

6 Likes

19 Likes

Hi, WOW! thank you for all the great positive advice. Me and my son already ride longboards round the park as i thought it would be a great way for my son to learn, as he had been trying to learn on my old skateboard from 1985!! He did fall off and chip his front tooth! had it glued back and got on the board again the following week!

i think electric boards would be great fun to do together. i have been looking a Meepo boards for us, but not sure yet?

Thanks again for all the kind words…and yes I’m not to old

4 Likes

i wish me and my dad had a hobby . i think its amazing that u guys ride together, I am extremely jealous

1 Like

My son and I ride together as well, it’s a ton of fun especially with your kid.

3 Likes

@Dougieman1001 yes. Yes it is.

1 Like

I have been surprised at how open minded the kids are when they see me on the board. Every single one of them has thought it was cool. They love the board.

1 Like

I’m 42, I used to ride my skateboard everyday when I was a teen, last year at age 41 I discovered this amazing hobby and I can’t stop, not even thinking about letting this go, ever, I ride everyday back and forth to my job 6 miles away.

Everybody here will tell you “you aren’t old to e-sk8”, I agree 100% with that statement but I also understand that starting with this sport is not that easy as when you were 15, you will have to ride clumsily for the first days which does not feel very cool, you will fall which will also scare the shit out of people and family, falling at 50 is different than falling at 20 y/o, you would have to ride very slow and continuously get of the board on close turns.

When people tell you, they think it’s pretty cool you are riding and electric longboard, they might be thinking, yeah that’s adorable, you don’t want to look adorable in the eyes of people, it’s the same as when you see 80 y/o grandpa riding a race car, but when this grandpa steps on the car and makes a perfect drift on a race track, then he becomes respected and admired for life, at this point you start enjoying e-skateboarding.

Now here is the fun part, if you keep riding everyday you will get the hang of it and become a good rider in between 2 days and 1 week, after a month you will ride like an expert much better than a 20 year old starting on the hobby, will get to nearby places faster than a car and you won’t let your hobby go EVER

Go for it and don’t let small issues discourage you in the process.

9 Likes

46 bitches! Cheya…

2 Likes

I wish I would get to that age and still board it up. Of course not anytime soon but I wouldn’t want to stop if I could still go. Keep at it

3 Likes

I’m 47.

my girlfriend loves that I still ride skateboards.

I taught her how to ride and she loves it.

1 Like

I never own a skateboard in my life and started riding my electric lonboard when I was 43. The lonboard was a kind of birthday present to myself. :slight_smile: I really enjoy riding and fell the wind and the smells by the sea here in Portugal. I hope to still be able to ride with my daughter when she is old enough in about 10 years. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Don’t worry, you’ll still be shredding 20 years from now.

4 Likes

I was asked to do a 30mile run on the e board to raise money raise charity i would need to get my diy board up and running…

How old are you right now and how old is your daughter?

My kid is 2 months old and I’m 42, however I feel like 30, my GF works in Delta so we have a good deal on flight tickets, my idea is to wait at least 5 years to travel with him around the world with our e-boards and backpacks with a lot of spare parts to keep the shredding going.

7 Likes

Esk8 air bnb. All accommodations must have chargers, soldering stations, laptops with vesc software, bandages, Allen keys, scotch, heatshrink, loctite, 5mm bolts, 12 awg cable, xt60’s and go pro’s.

3 Likes

We need to have access to esk8 workshops in every city, easily located on the esk8 map.

This way we could fix everything without the need to return back to our country and even more, access to batteries to be able to flight and rent-a-esk8-battery

1 Like

i appreciate you correcting the title from “to” to “too”

2 Likes

haha that was me…

2 Likes

If u ever need battery’s in Ireland let me know