Am I too heavy for this?

I actually only have a video of it up close and unfortunately i don’t have the board here for more pictures.

I mean it looks reeeeeaally janky and strange but somehow it rotates smooth in the end. I got the Pulley from zahnriemen24 in germany and hat to enlarge the hole and drill through it to make it fit. Again, doesn’t look like it should work but somehow it does and it’s pretty robust so far.

Hey guys, have either of you had any experience/issues with the sprocket stripping off the motor post? I am a heavier (275lbs) rider using single 6374 168kv outrunner with a 3:1 ratio chain drive on 100mm urethane wheels.

I am having issue with the torque from this set up and the sprocket not staying mounted to the motor post under acceleration.The motor is just spinning too fast for the sprocket and eventually it just starts free spinning inside the sprocket. Is this a Focbox settings issue, or too much torque from the set-up? have you experienced this in the past?

are you using a keyway? that would be impossible with a key…

No, you don’t really need a keyway if you aren’t going for top speed or major hill climbing. This is my second build and am trying not to use specialty parts. Just ran a test, by tweaking the VESC a bit I was able to get it to a better place and may have solved my issue. Runs fine now without the overtorque at high speeds or breaking. I think I just had my settings wrong.

That’s an interesting approach. I loose a tire every time I hit 130 km/h with my car. I’ll just limit my speed to 90 km/h to ensure that it doesn’t happen again. Your Sprocket should be able to cope with any strain caused by the most brutal settings your esc/vesc allows.

1 Like

loctite dude…