Am I the only one getting f@ked when buying used stuff in the forum!?

Wow, you have had a lot of bad luck. Currently I cannot complain about second-hand items :slight_smile: Only my secret santa gift was once lost.

The only thing I can recommend is to pay with PayPal and pay that business fee off 3%.

Sometimes I pay with F&F but that is only for active and trustfull guys here on the forum.

2 Likes

OMG!!! Breaking rules, How could you!!! …yea i do that too

2 Likes

How was my BMS?

1 Like

Well after a 10s2p and the motors worked great and those 97mm abecs were awesome too

1 Like

Hahah, that 10s2p was a killer deal

1 Like

Haha he is still laying in my closet. Have not yet found time to use it in a pack

1 Like

I’ve bought a few items, here and there :wink: and overall, the experience has been very positive.

Not perfect; one of us tried, and failed, to take my payment without delivering product. Blocked my number after apologizing that his life had fallen apart and he had filed for bankruptcy. Refund appeared within two hours of a detective calling his wife at their home.

Another much smaller purchase recently shipped after a couple of months of non-communcation, yet that matter was happily resolved by another forumer. Nothing bad there, just… non-communication lol.

If I had any true complaint, I’ve bought a couple of drivetrains here that were not-so-obviously in accidents (twisted hangers and bent mounts).

All that being said, I’ve made a few true friends via trading after buying a lot of stuff from our fam. Worth it. I think this is a good place to trade, better than Facebook or Craigslist.

9 Likes

You can say that again, please don’t use Craigslist to buy boards!!!

2 Likes

I purchased a set of used motor mount from a seller. I received the mounts and found out that the mount thickness was 12mm but the seller filled a 8+ mm hole on the mount. I complained to the seller and he offered a refund. I did not take the refund because it did not care. . I don’t dare to used that mount.

I’m insulted I haven’t purposely ripped off a buyer

2 Likes

Back at the beginning of my esk8 days I bought this liftboard that was said to be working but to my luck it was missing it’s battery but the motor and truck was still there. Sold the truck and motor on eBay, then next thing you know it, I have a dispute on my behalf. The previous owner of that liftboard took the inner components of the motor. I obviously refunded the buyer of the motor, but god; how stupid could I be?

1 Like

To this day, I have a hard time selling stuff I get second handed, will never ever sell a battery (lipo kaboom) and that is a fact!

1 Like

tumblr_osuv4d2hdO1vepc04o2_r1_500

4 Likes

It was a sweeping generalization, old folk do that

2 Likes

Is it against policy to start a thread of trusted members selling used items? Just like we have of trusted vendors ?

Edit…actually wont matter if they only sell one time/first time…

Shit…its early not fully thinking. But it will help for those that are trustworthy selling used items multiole times.

my big issue with the trusted seller thread is, that this thread is already losted into the endless depth of the forum. Idk if people really search for it. Sure that kind of thread can be helpfull, but I also think there is a need that this thread will pop up in the news from time to time. If no, people forget about it.

2 Likes

Agreed. Why isnt there stickies in this forum?

1 Like

I think the mods can do that, but than there so much things which should be listed permanently that the news totally disappear :rofl:

3 Likes

I think we should be able to rate members based on their buying/selling record.

3 Likes