Aluminum Motor mounts for MBS Matrix II and MBS Matrix (old type),

Actually Tom, I’m gonna have to trim the sides of the deck as it will collide with the wheel pulley

@nuruda it won’t need much, but it will definitely need a little. The markup is an exaggeration.

1 Like

Thanks for the information.

What collides with the deck? motor mounts or pulleys?

1 Like

Just the wheel pulley

You have an older version of Matrix II, the distance between hubs is 290mm

In the newer version produced from 2018, the distance is 318mm, probably in the newer version there will be no collision of pulleys with the deck

1 Like

Thanks again for the extra info there @anon26002665 and @Idea. I’ll have to be careful when I get my Matrix II’s then to ensure I get the latest model and not some old stock. Seems a shame to have to cut down the deck as the nice rounded edge reminds me of snowboarding.

1 Like

Pretty sure the new metal matrix are all the new wider size… maybe @mbs can confirm :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I checked their site and they have the old Matrix down as 15.5 inches and the new metal ones as 16.2, so it would certainly appear that way. I forgot the metal version is still relatively new, so I don’t have to worry about old stock.

I wonder if that extra 0.7 inches will be enough to clear the mounts though.

Shorter spacers can be used, which will increase the pulley spacing

On this photo there are 20mm long spacers, you can use 15mm long spacers, then the track between the pulleys will increase by 10mm (0.4 inch)

2 Likes

That’s a good idea @Idea (lol). It would probably be worth @anon26002665 trying that before cutting into his deck at least. Worst case is he has to cut off less.

1 Like

If I did that then my cross bars would be too short. I am happy to cut the deck, and the dude I am building it for doesnt mind, he just wants to ride it :joy:

That would be a massive shame as I think those cross bars really make that mount pop. Looks amazing!

agreed, maybe put spaces on the crossbars, washer or 2 should do it…

I know its been a month and probably irrelevant by now but yes, the new trucks are 31.8cm. Even the plastic ones i got on January 2019 were 31.8cm. I use the same deck and Motor mounts without issue.

1 Like

I’m hoping you mean 41.8cm, as 31.8 would be far too short!

no 31.8

this the clearance i have

1 Like

Fair enough. I figured you meant from axle to axle. Looks like you’ve got plenty of space there which is great. Can’t wait to get me some Matrix II’s.

1 Like

oh year sorry. Hub to hub :slightly_smiling_face:

i’d recommend the trampa tracks over mbs

Oh? Why do you say that? I already have some of Idea’s mounts for Matrix II so doubt I could switch now anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was not happy with the trucks. Wobbly, even red shock block too lose. Broken baseplate.

Is still use it in the back (stuck with the mounts ^^) but printed some shock block risers to make it more stable and upgraded the front to trampa trucks. After switching i felt confident again on ny board