Very well. ~ 500km without any issues.

Your price just went up bitch!

5 Likes

2 kidneys now?

5 Likes

Really nice work @L3chef

1 Like

Thanks mate!

Nice job @L3chef Will they fit the 6inch wheels me and @psychotiller are using? It would be great to have an aluminium option for EU people.

The only thing I am a little concerned about is the unsymmetrical recess of the bearing. Seems like the inside is flush while the outside bearing is recessed quite a bit - that means the weight is not distributed equally between the bearings.

Mine are offset as well. Alot of Longboard wheels are too.

Yeah I know - probably not that much though. Also wouldn’t it be easier to manufacture if you have identical halves so that you can produce the same part in double the number?

1 Like

I’m answering you in a rush now. Get back with mor details later. The bearings are symmetrical. Lathed in one set. The other half of the hub is a “cap”… This worked very well with my 3d printed hubs.

Not really. Since they are lathed it only takes 2 sec to change offset/work shift

Well, once you factor in the unknown price of intl. shipping, tires, pulleys & bearings, it will probably end up costing you at least one European kidney, which is like 1.3 American kidneys, you know, with the current organ exchange rate and all.

Other than that, the hubs look sick and could be a good option for the Euro peeps for sure. I’d be surprised to see if the total package price with shipping and currency conversion four the US comes in at less than @psychotiller’s six shooters.

5 Likes

I would be too. A set of @psychotiller 6 shooters is $300 and comes with tires and tubes and pulleys, it’s a complete solution.

Not saying there shouldn’t be others, i love innovation. I don’t see these being much cheaper with everything included

4 Likes

aw damn sorry, didn’t realize these ones were just hubs ha.

you mind lowering my price back down to 1 kidney? as @Mobutusan said, these would cost about 1.3 american kidneys. Nobody wants to buy .3 of a kidney so i’d end up loosing 2 anyways.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s good to see another quality hub option. They kind of remind me of a curvier European version of the Six Shooters which look more like deep dish American muscle car wheels, which both look great.

4 Likes

That’s one of my favorite things about the 6 shooters. I’m all about the American muscle car movement.

3 Likes

It really does, they would look great in a 1/8 scale triumph or german coup.

2 Likes

Mine come with bearings and pulleys too…Peeps on this forum really need to learn to read…The info has been right there in front of everybody for how long? @grecoman?

4 Likes

You are all right. theese wouldn’t be cheaper than @psychotiller ´s hubs. Just another option that would maybe suit europe peeps better because of the whole currency and import fee´s cost. 300 usd for a complete set is not that expensive at all as many of you think. Only way to get them any cheaper is to buy a cnc lathe for yourself and start mass producing.

1 Like

I knew yours came with everything lol

just didn’t realize @L3chef’s were just the hubs.

1 Like

well this is just a way for me to see if there´is any interest in buying them. surely I can provide a complete set as well. But they will be about the same cost as sixshooters. :slight_smile: