All new 2019 VESC-Tool release

Tja! “Just cruising along normally”… Batt current 106 amps, motor current almost 200amps… just chill :slight_smile: relaxed D:

3 Likes

Yeah just cruising.

I’m surprised it reads that high battery current. In fact that’s impossible since my motor amp is set to 80 and battery amp to 50. I think I know why it reads like that because I remember now when I got home the app was also reading 4 esc connected.

This is my speed run and I didn’t reach that high.

And no way am I trying the latest tool and firmware. I’ve learnt my lesson and will no longer be a crash test dummy.

2 Likes

Hey everyone. Just wondering if I can use this app with a FOCBOX which has this Bluetooth module connected:

Cheers! App looks great!

No, that is a slow HM 10 module. You need a fast NRF 51 based module. Ideally you get the VESC-Connect dongle, which we future proofed. There is a link in the App description.

1 Like

Cheers boss I’ll get one ordered!

What I’m trying to show is the sudden amp drop - from 60amp - 30amp while I was accelerating. I think that is what @trampa described as motor cogging, for sure without bindings i would falll

In FW 1.06 its basically temperature compensation that can cause the resistance value to be set to high. This causes a cogging when you push the trigger hard. Nothing that would throw you off, just a shaking. FW 1.07 sorted that.

Incorrect

Just like the VESC can’t use the unity tool right?

Doesn’t always have to be marketing with you?

6 Likes

Considering the value of your comment, better keep it for you. Just my 2 cents

2 Likes

I wish I understood what that meant.

See above.

1 Like

This comment has the same value = nothing. Better to leave it here, this goes nowhere.

4 Likes

If you’re arguing the points I made, I can’t see it. But I assume you can’t so you’re just being a smart ass.

1 Like

Something with value: In future every VESC can function as a programmer that works on almost any microcontroller from any platform. Be surprised, keep your VESC-Tool updated! The feature will be part of a near future VESC-Tool update. You will be able to re-flash a VESC with another VESC, or a NRF-module, or a remote, or a BMS or anything else incorporating a microcontroller. Got no ST-Link or no Linux, no skills programming microcontrollers, don’t worry VESC-Tool will fix your problem. Just make sure your ESC and secondary device features a SWD port as standard. This will save you plenty of cash and headaches on the long run.

6 Likes

That’s pretty nifty. Curious as to how/why this came to be a planned feature.

I mean serial debuggers are cheap and work pretty well right?

3 Likes

There are many occasions where a feature loke this can be useful.

Eg. You bricked one vesc and you use the other to un-brick it without having to wait for an st-link. Or you already have an nrf module and you want to upgrade the firmware

The ST-link and ST utility doesn’t work for all microcontrollers. In many cases you need extra skills or software to flash a certain micro controller. The new feature will allow you to use your VESC-Tool to re-flash your devices with a single click. This will save you cash, since you can easily upgrade existing controllers to run the latest FW. For example we want our customers to be able to re-flash an existing Trampa NRF-Dongle to work with the latest remotes that are about to hit the market. No need to buy a new dongle, simply because the FW is outdated. In the end we all want our equipment to be useful for many years and keep it running as long as possible.

2 Likes

I had some more time today to test the new VESC Tool with Metr Pro. There is an issue with App Input Wizard, when using TCP bridge, it (almost) never works. The recommended solution is to NOT use the Wizard and do the configuration manually. I posted some technical details of the problem on GitHub and hope Benjamin will find time to look at it.

Finally went out for a short test ride with FW3.53, everything seems to work fine.

4 Likes

19.5 Volt minimum doesn’t look right to me.

1 Like

Don’t worry. It may happen, mostly (if not always) when powering off the board. Caps make the voltage drop down slowly enough to let the VESC measure and send it to Metr App.

2 Likes