Alien Power System 5070 motor & Enertion Single Motor Mount - compatible?

Hey everybody, I hope you’re all well! This is my first proper post on the forum. :slight_smile:

I’m in the process of building my first board, I’ll be posting a build thread as soon as I’m happy with everything, I’ll share my process and experiences etc.

For the time being, I’d like to ask if any of you know if the Alien Drive System 5070 (50mm) motor will fit the Enertion single motor mount? Will the mounting holes line up and will the Alien Drive System pulleys and belt align OK? I’m basically looking at build options and I like the idea of experimenting with different parts.

Here’s the motor: http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/brushless-motors/alien-5070-hev-outrunner-brushless-motor-270kv-2200w/

Tech drawings for reference…

Thanks in advance! Jonny.

Enertion Motor Mount drawings. Do you know the bolt spacing? I’m gussing it is somewhere from 20-30 so you should be good.

1 Like

Thanks! I hadn’t spotted that image on Enertion’s website before now, that confirms the 50mm motor will be mounted on the inner limit of the Enertion mount, but like you say it should work :slight_smile: Whether the pulleys and belt line up is another question…

For some reason the diagram is only on their motor mount kit page, not the individual mount. @carl.1 maybe that should be fixed?

1 Like

Depends on the pulley choice. If you use 63** motors, we’re already using the outer diameter of the motor mount for the screws, otherwise they would rub against the bottom of the pulley. if you can mount the pulley further away from the motor it should work. (the enertion pulleys take the whole rotor) you have 30 mm spacing for your pulley, depends on how wide that one is …

1 Like

I’ve got the 50mm Alien Drive kit at the moment…

Short link: http://bit.ly/2b3mGNj

But I kind of know what you’re saying about the rubbing. There’s a few mm’s of space for the motor pulley to move outwards from the motor, plus the Calibre trucks I’ve just got should give some leeway for belt alignment with the wheel pulley, if that makes sense? :slight_smile:

From what I can see in the pictures, you have the room to move the pulley outwards, worst case scenario you’ll have to buy some rounded off bolts to replace the DIN912 ones cause the enertion mounts do not have the mounting holes sinked in like the alien mount has…

1 Like

Ahh OK, yeah I can see what you mean, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking forward to your build !

Thanks dude, it’s been fun and educational so far. I’m having next week off work to try and finish it… well, at least Build 1.0 :smiley: