Airplane/Heli 12S ESC for ESK8 - Success

OK, there is a catch, you have to remove the drivers from all but one board:

My esc:

Red Brick.

1 Like

I hope that does not cause any problems. The space in between is so narrow that I think the FETS in the middle can’t get proper heat dissipation. Keep us posted on this please.

In regards to the ESC I have had great success with the FVT 12S for close to 2 years now. They just need to run in 10S -12S, to keep the Amps in the 50-60 range and install 50 x 50 mm high speed fans 8-12 V to help with the heat dissipation and you should be riding with no problems at all.

1 Like

So, has this worked out for anyone? Contemplating buying these due to EU stock.

Here’s an interesting ESC http://rctimer.com/product-1757.html

not a good idea at all. i have one, and a had to buy a VESC, because its Super dangerous to use airplane esc. trust me

Bought some VESCs yesterday. They were cheaper than these, so no more reason to consider them for my first build.

I have a couple of airplane/heli esc’s for my current build, no brakes but I don’t need them and I spoke to the manufacturer and they are happy to warranty me both the motors and esc’s so happy days :grin: the esc is rated to 14s but I’m only going to run 12s. The guy I spoke to said they will be bullet proof with the motors I purchased.

I just smoked one of these. Thankfully it happened while I was going really slow (walking speed). Dunno what caused it to fall but I have a suspicionson.

I know this is an old post, but you can pick up an 80A plane ESC from hobbyking for around 35$. Runs 6s (which is what im going with) and is relatiely low profile. I have yet to make my first eSk8 but I’m ordering the parts soon (I’ll be using a 70A ESC I picked up earlier for 20$-ish).