Air Blade | Enertion R-spec 6372 | 10s5p | TB single motor kit | Never Summer El Jefe Board

I had a good outcome using fiberglass matt first then using the weave after. I let the matt get really tacky before I layed the weave on top. I also routed the corners of the wood mold to be round so there wouldn’t be any bubbles. There is too much tension on sharp corners when you fold it over otherwise without using a vacuum like whitepony said. His way with the frame will work good too if you try again.

Pics for reference.

`

2 Likes

@whitepony @i2oadsweepei2

Thanks guys. Appreciate it. I dont have a vaccum. So i will try to round up the edge and use the matt then weave.

1 Like

Some update of last week and this week,

Last week is mu second attempt with fg, with different approach, i used double sides tap to stick the fiberglass to the plank wood, oh men i still failed,

1 Like

It turned out pretty bad

Left is first attempt, right is second

1 Like

I had problems with cornes too, but I splayed all 90 degree corners and result was much more better. Still not perfect, but better.

1 Like

Alright, this weekend is third attempt. Things are getting better, just better not perfect.

It turns out better than 2 previous attempts

It is not what i expected but it is ok , useable.

2 Likes

That looks much better. The matt was a sticky hairy mess when I did it. Still worth it though. Good job!

1 Like

Yeahh ikr, ok next week will the real deal. @i2oadsweepei2. Thanks for the tip. Next one would be beter looking for sure.

1 Like

Some update: i finally the battery case that works,well in a way.

2 Likes

Nice job on the fiberglass. Feels much better when we make things ourselves.

1 Like

yeah, and i really enjoy the process of making things :wink: ,

Some updates: this week i did the wiring inside.

3 Likes

After paint it black, the case looks really good.

3 Likes

Why am i not able to change my first post in my thread? post 1 in this thread? i only am able to update the title.

I believe they have a time limit, so if it is too old you can’t change it.

1 Like

Some update : i finished my board, yay

1 Like

Some cable management

2 Likes

I use alumium foil( idealy lead foil, but couldnt find one) to grap around the phase wires to stop partly the electric magnetic field created by he wires. This field would jam the receiver signal.

After, no more dropout :wink:

3 Likes
1 Like