Air Blade | Enertion R-spec 6372 | 10s5p | TB single motor kit | Never Summer El Jefe Board

So i went the market this weekend.

I bought everything that i needed for the board like, wire, connector, jst 2mmwhich later i decided not to use, instead i solder them directly on the vesc

12 Likes

Let’s get to work

I did the motor detection, the motor spins for some seconds, the stop but the bldc says bad detection result.

I used laptop-like chager to do the detection, its 19v 3,42amps

Can the charger be used in motor detection? Or i missed something.

3 Likes

That place is magical…

Dude, where do you stay at? That market looks like something I would see in Vietnam or Thailand.

@anorak234 ikr. Nowaday we usually do online shopping, but i prefer the traditional way :smile:

@FlashNova im Vietnamese, living in Ho Chi Minh city in the south of VN.

1 Like

I did the motor detection but it was “bad detection result” what did i do wrong?

This is the first time detection, didnot write any configuration execpt for the nyko.

Im using laptoplike charger 19v 3,42amps is this the reason why it fails?

1 Like

Yes it could be your supply. I had the same results while trying with a 3S lipo, these motors need that extra juice. Worked fine when i used my 10S pack

1 Like

Kool thanks man @Blasto I will try that this weekend

OP also keep in mind if you charge with the fastest charging it will make the lifespan of you getting the full charge less over time. If you charge at a lower speed it is basically trickle charging which preserves your battery life.

1 Like

So my drv is gone, while waiting for new drv chip and vesc to come, i make the case.

1 Like

Today i did a test_run with Fiberglass, bc this is the first time i worked with fiberglass.

Oh men, this is hard as hell. Take a lot of work. I could not smooth out the conners, edges. Any advices for me on this ? @longhairedboy @whitepony

Is this the right kind if fiberglass ?

And some pic

1 Like

When i pushed in like this

It always creates some bubbles on top. I think this is bc the pattern of fiberglass.

1 Like

yea, without vacuum its really hard to do a sharp edged enclosure. i tried once and failed too :confused:

you can use some wooden planks wrapped in cling film to press the fibers into the corners and make them stay there. basically some frame around your enclosure!

2 Likes

I had a good outcome using fiberglass matt first then using the weave after. I let the matt get really tacky before I layed the weave on top. I also routed the corners of the wood mold to be round so there wouldn’t be any bubbles. There is too much tension on sharp corners when you fold it over otherwise without using a vacuum like whitepony said. His way with the frame will work good too if you try again.

Pics for reference.

`

2 Likes

@whitepony @i2oadsweepei2

Thanks guys. Appreciate it. I dont have a vaccum. So i will try to round up the edge and use the matt then weave.

1 Like

Some update of last week and this week,

Last week is mu second attempt with fg, with different approach, i used double sides tap to stick the fiberglass to the plank wood, oh men i still failed,

1 Like

It turned out pretty bad

Left is first attempt, right is second

1 Like

I had problems with cornes too, but I splayed all 90 degree corners and result was much more better. Still not perfect, but better.

1 Like

Alright, this weekend is third attempt. Things are getting better, just better not perfect.

It turns out better than 2 previous attempts

It is not what i expected but it is ok , useable.

2 Likes

That looks much better. The matt was a sticky hairy mess when I did it. Still worth it though. Good job!

1 Like