Advice and input on my planned build

Hey guys, After lurking here for awhile, I’ve decided I am finally ready to take the plunge and build an eboard. I am 190 lbs and live in an area with very few hills. I want to be able to get at least 25mph on the board and a range of 10 or more miles if possible. I’d like to keep it under $650 if possible but would rather spend a little more if it meant I wasn’t sacrificing on quality. I want to do a mono setup for affordability reasons and this is what I have so far: -Enertion’s mono drive r-spec pro+ kit -Vesc -2 Turnigy 5000mAh 6S 20C Lipo Pack run in series -Nyko Kama nunchuck for remote

Will these two batteries work well in achieving my desired speed and range? I know its all variable and real world is never the same, but I’m just looking for general parameters. Also, which charger should i go with? I want to charge the batteries together, not individually.

I’ve heard of a lot of difficulties with the Nyko Kama and VESC combo. I would definitely chosoe to go with 2.4GHz. Have you checked out the Bad Wolf mod for the GT2b? Its very affordable and easy to do if you follow the guide.

Just get a regular Pistol grip controller and save $30-$70

Like others have said, save some money and skip the nunchuck. Go with the more reliable GT2B.

I’d also jump on Enertion’s sale right now for good deals!

i personally just tried out my tacon and boy is this thing powerful i would reccomend the 245kv over the 190kv just because its a balance between torque and speed

1 Like

even though this can also be decided by your gearing ratio

The reason I got a low kv motor is because i wanted a 16-20T motor pulley so there would be less stress on the belt.