About girlfriends, boyfriends, significant others, and esk8

Esk8 is a very new hobby for me… but my wife is used to it. Home theatre, home gym, photography, snowboarding, home automation, esk8… I always need to have a project I’m working on and they typically tend to be expensive :joy::cry:

4 Likes

Well at least you ride with the Evolve crew down there. Their publicity gets them a few good looking lady riders interested . Especially that U.K. one :flushed: :exploding_head: maybe one day more will understand why we do this.

Is it just me or the word „HOBBY“ appears very often in this thread :thinking:

4 Likes

I am intrigued :face_with_monocle: which one exactly are you talking about?

1 Like

Especially the U.K. one

1 Like

I feel so dirty…

6 Likes

I’m one lucky dude. After reading this thread, I feel even more lucky. Around the springtime this year, I asked her about the idea of me doing my first DIY build. She only had one condition: that I build her one too.

Great women do exist. Pic of our first ride together (for proof): PSX_20180909_174544

34 Likes

21 Likes

@b264 :kissing_heart:

@Arzamenable :wink:

@monsterbuilder :+1::+1:

2 Likes

When I told my mother about esk8 and how fast they can go she made me wear gadam hockey pads and I felt like that kid from christmas story…

tenor

15 Likes

I just told my mother that it goes only 5mph :joy:

12 Likes

download

smart

12 Likes

My requirements for any significant other:

1. Knows how to skate
  2. Puts up with my obsession with esk8
  3. Eats baconburgers
10 Likes

My GF is super chill and doesn’t mind, just hates when I fall and get scraped up. But she’s happy I’m happy.

7 Likes

My missus

1. has no idea how much I spend
  2. is used to me building something
  3. thinks I’m a massive nerd
  4. calls you lot my boyfriends. “talking to your boyfriends again?”

Funny chick.

40 Likes

She’s just jelly. You should call the jelly police on her.

2 Likes

first point is very important! if you need to balance out the costs you spend it´s getting really really expensive… shoes for new trucks…bag for new deck…iphone for new focbox…

last point…they all the same :joy:

4 Likes

Hahahaha @b264 WRECK THEM ALL​:joy::joy:

joking, joking :grin:

1 Like

Dude this describes my situation exactly. She calls them “Dork skateboard friends” :heart_eyes:

This thread is really interesting, I was literally thinking about this last night before bed. I read here a lot that people’s other halves don’t know how much it all costs. I don’t actively hide the costs but I also don’t wake her up at 5am and say “Sup homegirl, last night I spent £700 on some experimental gear drives for my skateboard lolololololol want some tea?”

Only kidding, I say the last part.

23 Likes

Took over the basement and made it a workshop over the course of a year and now my parents want me to pay rent for the basement

18 Likes