ABEC 11 Flywheels & Clones 34,36,38,40,42,44,48,50 Tooth Pulley STL files for 9mm,12mm and 15mm Belts

Hey @Skitzor , the outer edge dimensions are identical to the Orangatangs. As someone else mentioned before, these edges are more of a safeguard, the motor pulley is the one that determines the tracking of the belt.

Thank you, sir. Thanks for the good work.

1 Like

As before @JuniorPotato93, your contribution here is greatly appreciated! I will be downloading these and printing as soon as I can. I have some PETG on the way! :grinning:

1 Like

very good, I was looking for that, going to print the 44t and test them with the MBS-all-terrain wheels. (I’m using the 40t-version now and they work fine)

is a 48t or 50t version possible?

Yeah! I didn’t know how big these could go really. So for mtb 48 and 50 in 9,12 and 15?

So if I’m not mistaken the wheels are 100mm in diameter and the 50T pulley would be 80mm so that leaves 10mm clearance, 48 is 76.5 mm and so leaves ~12mm clearance. I’ll make both but just so you’re aware of the size it’ll be.

I got them printed from shapeways and have been using them 2 months now. Great job.

Would you make the solidworks file available as well?

I wouldnt share the file openly but pm me your email address and I’ll send you the mating portion as a solidworks file.

I think I would like 48t in 9mm for them MBS wheels (thick version)

I won’t be able to do these today but I’ll get them done for tomorrow

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the STLs, I will definately try one soon!

Maybe this can help you to create the base gear: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:16627/#files

There’s an SCAD file that can create the pulleys programmatically or you can use the customizer. You can hit and select HDT5 (set profile to 10), teeth to 40, 48, 50 or whichever you want and then create things > download STL.

Maybe you knew it already or you have a better way to make them otherwise you can try that. Thanks again!

1 Like

The only issue with this is the download is an STL file that I think have to manipulate into a solidworks file to be able to use and in doing so can’t guarantee the level of quality of the gear. I usually download a solidworks file directly from a manufacturer and the feature resolution is much better. For gears I can’t find i do have a profile of 1 HTD5 tooth and I can create any sized gear I want by hand if need be, again with much better resolution than getting the STL and converting. But thank you for trying to help me out anyways!

Can you recommend the cheapest 3D Printing service, Shapeways is gong to run me over $50/pulley before shipping. This is unfamiliar space for me, so need full service printing shop. I think I saw another thread on this, so will check that as well, but right now price checking the 44T 15mm wheel pulleys and thin retainer for cheapest options. Also just tell me if this is the reasonable pricing regardless lol. Thanks!

If you use their slow option then it’s a lot cheaper. Also this week is free shipping.

“That’s right it’s happening again! This week only we’re shipping all orders over $25 free. Anything on the website, anywhere in the world ships free! Offer expires Sunday August 21 at 11:59 PM PDT”

Thanks that brought the total for both pieces delivered to $35!

What files did you use. I just ordered a pair of thick retainer and a pair of 40T 12mm pulleys and it cost me $67 using the extended manufacturing.

That sounds right, I only ordered one set of 44T pulley + thin retainer, not the pair you ordered. Want to see how it comes out first lol.

In separate esk8 thread they are using 12-14mm spacer for these type of ABEC wheel pulleys when installing on a 107mm wheel. Are there similar spacer files we can use in addition to retainer here in order to fit depth of 107mm centerset wheel?

I also have MBS wheels that I have not used in a build yet. Are there files for 48T or 50T 9mm pulleys, as I would get those printed out to test as well. Thanks for posting these, much appreciated!

Good lord you guys are paying >$50 for 3d printed pulleys??? That’s insane. Making those pulleys costs nothing near that.

Shapeways is most definitely not the cheapest 3d printing service. I can do It for you guys if you’d like, just send me a pm. I would say they would come out to 5-8 dollars

I’m making the 48T and the 50T pulleys and posting the links later today hopefully