A2ESK8 Video Retrospective at Maker Faire Detroit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2WXJ_CFsrs

This past weekend, our local electric skateboarding crew A2ESK8 participated at Maker Faire Detroit, a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity, resourcefulness, and a celebration of the Maker Movement. Makers ranged from tech enthusiasts to crafters to homesteaders to scientists to garage tinkerers. About 25,000 people attended the event at The Henry Ford to check out ordinary individuals rolling up their sleeves to create inventive solutions for everyday needs. I published my full article here if you’d like to see more.

Big shout out to ESK8 Builders and all the vendors here for supporting the DIY ESK8 movement. Thousands of people interacted with us wanting to learn more about ESK8 and we got some great media attention, particularly with the Wall Street Journal who did the photo shoot above.

18 Likes

This is awesome. Do you have any other upcoming get togethers or events?

Yeah trying to plan something soon, most of the meetups are impromptu but we’re gonna get another one going before summer ends.

WOW, this is really cool… the video is very inspiring “make & skate”

i still don’t know what the future of the electric skateboard builders movement will look like…

However, I do know these kinds of events & legendary attitudes of the crew at A2ESK8 who made it happen are the important pieces of the puzzle that eventually all fall together to showcase what the global movement is all about.

As a collective we have the power to change the world forever!

1 Like

I think the biggest takeaway for me is that the most powerful aspect of ESK8 is the experiential part of it. Style and expression amongst many different personalities to form a singular entity. I hesitate to all us a “team” because we’re just a bunch of tech/skate nerds who like making things. Who knows what the future holds but its a lot of fun.

2 Likes

@RunPlayBack BAD ASS! I finally got a chance to watch the video and read your article, and you guys nailed it! As always, the videography was great, but the way you described and presented the essence of ESk8 & DIY was exceptionally well done. It even helped me specifically identify why I love this hobby so much, and why it is so addicting. It’s definitely that feeling of flying, and effortless motion that I love so much about snowboarding. And, of course, the DIY aspects of experimenting, building, and enjoying your unique creation.

Looks like you guys made a great showing out there, and I really like you pushing the safety issue. You’ve got a solid crew there. I wish I had the time and connections to be part of something like A2ESK8, but for now, I’ll just live vicariously through your videos and articles. It really looks like y’all are having way too much fun.

“NO HELMET, NO RIDE” is a great slogan. :thumbsup:

Btw, what kind of body armor are you guys wearing? It really does give you a unique and intense presence that I like. Thinking about getting some myself, but there are so many options…

2 Likes

I hope you will find the matching jacket: https://www.amazon.com/Protective-Jackets-Gear-Powersports-Automotive/b?ie=UTF8&node=404847011

EDIT: dont click on the blue headline… instead click on the black “www.amazon.com”

@DeathCookies I think that link is not working. Can you double check it? It says the page can’t be found and shows me pictures of Amazon’s dogs?

@Mobutusan It looks exactly like this one… http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Full-Body-Armor-Jacket-Motocross-Racing-Spine-Chest-Protector-Gear-/191914585613?var=&hash=item2caf002e0d:m:m2SI9NqEr8Q7eqxw5Pp-1lQ

2 Likes

That armor works well, but if you want similar armor disguised under a normal shirt…try this…

This group is awesome, really like their philosophy and approach to safety.

2 Likes

@RunPlayBack Fantastic Job! A2ESK8 is dope as hell!! :muscle::sunglasses:

1 Like

You are right! Now the working link: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=protective+jacket

2 Likes

Congrats! When i went to maker fair NY back in 2014 I remember the atmosphere and i can just imagine how well you guys would have fit in to maker fair. such a high quality video man! :clap:

1 Like