A123 LiFePO4 Group Buy

I know this is mostly a dead thread but I’d be in for the group buy too.

1 Like

if ur looking for some lifepo batteries you can just buy some boosted batteries (not extended) off ebay and dismantle them, thats what i have done at least.

Yeah same. I scored an extended range battery pack for $100.

wait you got an extended range for $100?

Yup. All 267Wh.

dang tbh maybe just sell it cause they go for $250-300

The reason I got it so cheap was because the wing with the mounting holes cracked when the user overtightened it and basically sold it as is because Boosted determined he installed it incorrectly.

Should I make a teardown video? No one seems to have opened an extended range yet. I’m curious.

8 Likes

It will be interesting. I would like to know how did you disassemble the battery, I have a standard range v2 but they put glue everywhere…

XR is not A123 26650s. I believe it’s 13s2p 18650?

I’m seeing this

https://ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn=alarmhookup&_nkw=A123

Used and in a huge pack but really cheap.

I’ve taken apart V1 batteries. I used automotive plastic nylon pry tools to safely pry the battery cover off. I haven’t tried the extended range battery yet but I’ll try to make a video or something.

1 Like

Yeah definitely 18650. It is most likely 13S based on the voltage listed on the battery.

20180726_224544

Definitely 18650s in here. They seem to be wrapped with white covers so I can’t even identify the cells. Boosted is also now using an enclosed plastic cell holder. It is like glued in there with no apparent screws. I wish they designed these for easier repairs. The cover was easier to pry off then a V1’s battery.

2 Likes

Do they have the same voltage as normal 99wh boosted batteries?

Nope. Higher. 15327038593383443778657400453589

1 Like

Oh snap, look at that. Are they still LiFePO4 in just a different cell size? More pictures if you dig further!

Doubt they are LiFePO4. Will do.

1 Like

They’re not by chance using the A123 1.1ah 18650 lifepo4 cell are they?

I’m looking into using a 12s4p setup of these cells for a clone boosted board, it’d be nice reassurance to know the cell is trusted by BB.

Edit: It also looks like they’re using a compression pack as oppose to welding strips.

Damn that is a really expensive cell for very little capacity… Good thing about these though is you can run them at 14s since they’re nominal voltage is lower. I am pretty sure you can get the 26650 version of these for the same price and they have much more capacity and higher amps.

They have 2500mAh @70A so they are 8.25Wh, compared to 1100mAh @ 30A and 3.52Wh for the 18650 version.

Direct from the manufacturer:

https://www.buya123products.com/goodsdetail.php?i=6

Oh, and Boosted Board uses the 26650 cells.

wow yea it does. like to see it taken apart. image

2 Likes

I still see spot welds under the insulation. This sucker is not budging. They glued this thing like crazy. Anyone got any ideas?

This thing gets a repairability score of 0.

2 Likes