90mm Labeda Wheel Group Buy $40/set

im down for a set!

Down as well

Woo boy, so l finished talking with Labeda and here’s what I got. Basically we exceeded Labeda’s small manufacture threshold by quite a margin, which means I need to limit the group buy (we’re talking perhaps 20-30 sets MAX) or double down and order 250 sets (yikes).

The owner is trying to see if he can work something out for us. He’s checking to see if there’s any available ‘plush’ formula urethane from other production runs from other clients. However if we go that route, then we can’t be picky with our color choices. The good news however is that we can order a larger amount sets in the group buy.

Say this doesn’t work out… If I have to limit the size of the group buy, I’m going to prioritize members in the EU, since this is probably their only chance to acquire 90mm Labedas at a low price.

Tl;Dr: Labeda is geared towards larger production runs. Largest sample order I can get is probably 20-30 sets or maybe less. We might be able to piggyback production runs from Labeda’s other clients, however color choice goes out the window.

8 Likes

I’m down for 1 set of wheels for sure and a set of pulleys depending on the shipping and price. When will the pulleys ship. Maybe we could limit each person to 1 set that way more people can get in on this order unless we get 250 sets. I would prefer purple color or a bright green however worse case I am fine with whatever color if it gets me some awesome wheels at great price.

Yeah I. Definitely going to limit everyon’s order amount to make sure there’s enough to go around. Hopefully it won’t come to it but there’s not much we can do ATM.

1 Like

I’m in for one set and set pulleys…2/3 sets if you need to hit the 250 mark

A unit is one wheel?

so 5-7 sets of 4?

and 250 units is 62 sets of 4?

And I’m in if you have room.

He said it’s 250 sets

So confused :joy:

Sorry, poor choice of wording, I meant to refer to sets, as in sets of 4 wheels each .

2 Likes

If there is room I’d grab a set of pulleys and wheels.

I’m interested to see where this goes, but I would want more detail on the availability of 15mm wide wheel pulleys as well.

Like you said @PredatorBoards to get them in EU is impossible so I’m in whatever the color it will be.

3 Likes

I’ll take whatever color :slight_smile:

I’ll take whatever color as well

Alrighty guys, here’s the gig. Lowest we can get as a 1-off deal is 650 wheels (163 sets) minimum. I’m told they can’t control the quantity, so I may have to buy another 100 sets on top of that. Wheel color is a Black Urethane wheel with a white core.

So to reiterate: Have to order around 650-750 individual wheels (163-188 sets of wheels). Color choice that is available is black wheels with a white core.

2 Likes

So it is either 20-30 sets (small manufacture) order or 160+ one? Or 20-30 sets is now out of the question?

If your spreadsheet is up to date, there are 37 sets requested. There are quite a few Tiffany guys who don’t want black so it might be possible to keep it under 30 still.

I don’t think there’s are that many ‘tiffany’ guys as there are ‘just not straight black’ guys. I think Black wheels on a white core is a good middle ground. And no I didn’t choose that color, that was just a lucky coincidence on Labeda’s part.

Some online sellers are asking about the wheels, so I’m going to see if I can get a handful more sets moved that way. We’ll need to reserve about 150 sets and then I can cover the rest.

We can still do 20-30 sets, but I want to see if we can somehow breach that 150 unit threshold. I probably can if word passes around enough.

3 Likes

I’m still in for a set and a set of pulley. I didn’t want black as it is boring and there are black 90mm wheels out there but I know it will make a lot of the people not so butt hurt about possibly not getting black that were crying earlier in the thread.

Okay so here’s an idea that’s probably gonna be very unpopular. If I increase the price per wheel set by 5 USD, then that’ll allow me to lower the group buy threshold to somewhere around 100 or so units. I’ll just have to eat the cost on whatever ‘extra’ wheels Labeda ends up producing. Creating a poll to see what people think of the idea.

• Increase wheel set price by $5, only need to reserve 100 sets for the group buy to happen
  • Wheel set price stays the same, need to reserve 150 sets for group buy to happen

0 voters

2 Likes