83MM Hub Motor Launch SALE! Free shipping

First photo is 2 motors wrapped in bubble wrap with thane, the second is just one motor no than.

Thank you sir, that is extremely helpful I think Iā€™ll be ordering some next week

Iā€™m dreaming about grinding with an esk8 oh my!

Great, remember the sale is till the 10th of May then Iā€™ll pop the price up.

Are there any color choices available for the trucks? How about wheels? I would love to see a ā€œBlackoutā€ version!!

Iā€™ll be doing orange black and blue wheels trucks will just be raw as the 150mm rear truck only comes in raw. But Iā€™ll talk to a few different suppliers!

OKā€¦I can do black!! Iā€™m in! Just ordered up a set and a couple of sets of wheels to go with it!! Canā€™t wait to see what these little suckers can do!! Itā€™s really kind of a hard deal to pass up when Carvons are going for $699 a set now!! http://www.carvonskates.com/store/p20/V2_DUAL_HUB_MOTORS___FRONT_TRUCK___ABEC11_90mm_FLYWHEEL_SET.html Although, they do come with Abec 11s on emā€™ stock. @jacobbloy Is the quality of the urethane pretty decent on these motors? What approximate durometer are they? Under normal cruising conditions, are they going to hold up to high mileage?

The urethan I have been working on for a while and I think I have got it! As for the mileage yes bearing are the only wear point but this is true on all motors.

Alrighty thenā€¦I am in! I just pulled the trigger. I was really close to getting the pro spec Enertion kit, but was holding back due to the space available on my intended deck.

I guess it was meant to beā€¦ Iā€™d say blacked out version for me also.

Another question Whats the resistance like when pushing? (not using the motor) should be pretty good since itā€™s a 1:1 ratio right?

Any thoughts on offering a 90mm or larger urethane option or replacement thane set? I donā€™t know if Iā€™m the only one, but Iā€™d like to have the option of switching out to 90mm or larger wheels and would be open to buying extra thane in those sizes.

I like big wheels and I cannot lie.

I second this request! 90mm would be nice to have as an option!

Yuppp. 90mm would be perfect

Are you guys serious? 90mm? Geez i thought 83mm was huge! Having said that. I came from riding street wheels at 52mm. Then the step up to my electric boards went to 70mm i thought that was big. Then to go up to 83mm for me is like monster truck sizeā€¦

Having said all that I assume all you would have to do is change the urethane i suppose.

Yes but some of us dont have the capability to remove the core of the urethane properly for hub motor. Jacob would need to make a mould and produce different version.

I have to say that 83mm for The Netherlands or most eu countries are kinda small. Our road are half aspath half pavement with some tram and or metrolines. 70mm and 83mm get stuck in those gap many times.

Tried 90mm never want to go back! Although the size of 83mm with dropthrough provide sick stability, but its just not nice to keep stopping for obstacle especially on eboard. I guess in the end its just where you live.

1 Like

Some of us canā€™t get away with being that low, Guido. :wink:

I thought 75mm on my old longboard was big until I got into this eSk8 thing. Now, Iā€™m running 97mm & 83mm clones, and the 97ā€™s make my 83ā€™s look like baby wheels. I feel like the faster I go, the bigger wheels I want so I can mow over anything in my path (usually just sticks, rocks, large cracks and shitty pavement; no off-road, yetā€¦). Iā€™d probably be game for 97mm hub thane too, if it was offered, but Iā€™m guessing that at some point, torque might start to suffer too much from the larger diameter.

@laurnts I think the thane should be easy to replace or swap out on these motors, if Iā€™m not mistaken. Do your hub motors have the thane glued or bonded to the hubs?

Hi guys I can do a 90mm wheel but the mould cost is $2000 so would been at least 50 ppl to buy 2 at $20 each and I still wouldnā€™t be making a profit,

How about a 97mm wheel with a motor based on the 8080 outrunner? Iā€™ll do a small run of 10 motors for every one but the cost would be like $599 for a set.

1 Like

Hey guys so I posted this sales thread only 40 hours ago and I have sold 11 sets of hub motors! Thanks you so much for every one and there support! So I urge every one who has not brought a set yet to do so although I have another 15 days left of my sale I have also only set aside 25 sets of the sale and any more that I sell after this date or number will be at a higher price. So what does this mean? If I keep the momentum I wonā€™t have any more sets left at this amazing price with in the next 48 hours so if you can get in quick before some one els does.

1 Like

What I have assumed on the price:

83mm @ regular price

or 90mm @ unknown

or 97mm 8080size @ $599? correct me if Im wrong

Also I would but these as a gift for a nephew who weight ~60kg, would the regular 83mm be more than adequate?

Yes Iā€™m 95kg and I find them torquey! I would only suggest bigger if your bigger then me or going up hills at 40deg

Single drive wheel now for sale! $149+ shipping

Only comes with the 1 motor so perfect for those with no need for trucks or extra wheels, or for those who are building for a small 60kg man or kids.

http://vesc.net.au/product/83mm-hub-motor-single/