6S BMS wiring diagram help!

my wheels are 90mm

That will get you to around 25km/h on a full charge

Okay, thanks :slight_smile: I already got a 12v converter. but where to connect to the ESC?

And if i use 10S batteries?

About 42km/h. Although you must take into account that these escs have a speed limit. Or at least the normal motor version does. About the converter it needs to be connected to the main power leads on the battery. You will need a switch though to turn it on and off

okay, i think i will use two 5S batteries instead of 3S. But now i have the same wiring issue as before :sleepy: Maybe someone can help me out if its correct

Yeah looks good. You will need a 10s bms though

1 Like

Alright, but how many amps do i need on that BMS? I got some with 10A, 20A or 35A

Are you going to bypass it?

bypass what? I just want to charge my lipos over it

Yes but will you be discharging through the bms

I don’t understand this :sweat: i want to use it like my diagram. the batteries will power the ESC on and i want to charge the batteries through the BMS. Now, i do not understand how many amps i need on that BMS

A bms charges and also discharges a battery. If you want to discharge through the bms you need at least 50amps but if you only want to use it for charging you only need as many amps as you plan on charging it so for you about 5amps. Anything higher is fine as long as you only use a 5amp charger or less

Have a read of this

I understand but what is the advantage when i discharge it through the BMS?

If i understand it right, on my latest diagram i posted here with the 10S BMS, i bypassed the discharging, right? So the wiring is right for just charging

EDIT: I edited the latest one, leaving P- alone is right for bypassing discharging? Like that:

1 Like

Yes that is correct for bypassing. If you are to discharge through the bms it will just stop the batteries from being over discharged

1 Like

Okay and that is not critical to discharge without a BMS in this case?

And for wiring the charger: do i use the thick cables like the batterie’s positives and negatives or like the thin balance cables?

What wires are you talking about exactly?

The wires, which come from the charging plug

If you mean from the charging plug to the bms then you would be best with about 16-18awg wires the large battery cables are over kill but the balance cables are a little small for my likings. In the middle would be fine

The battery cables have 12 AWG and the balance 22, right?