$65 4.12 VESC on Banggood?

As a safety precaution I would only test them 1 at a time, and without can. That way if one fails you will have another reliable vesc to allow you to stop relatively safely

Nah I was thinking about running two of these over CAN at 13S on some huge 6380’s on FOC and doing some downhill, sounds safe to me! Lol yeah that’s a good idea I’ll run it together with my FOCBOX.

1 Like

if one fails is likely it will lock your wheels… at least my unit did

1 Like

I guess it depends how it fails, because when one of my VESC’s died due to water damage it just stopped accelerating and coasted.

1 Like

I’d say yours shorted, most failures are from the drv which will just coast and lose power

2 Likes

I have used HGLRC stuff on m race quads and haven’t had an issues with it at all their esc amp ratings are very true with my testing on their smaller stuff.

1 Like

Thanks pat I had no idea about that… I guess it left me a little bit bitter

So did anybody of you guys already get the chance to test the ESC? I just started getting into the topic of esk8 and wanna order some stuff soon and guys - this price :money_mouth_face: :smiley: I wanna run two of them with N5065 320KV Motors, I’m totally hyped for that!

Use this calculator 320kv is too high for general purposes.

http://calc.esk8.it

Got mine a week or two ago, however I hadn’t had a chance to test it yet. It seems to be pretty nice feels decent and I was able to connect to it and flash new firmware. And yeah @pat.speed is right 320Kv is far two high for any battery setup with a VESC because if it’s 55-60K ERPM limit.

1 Like

I’m currently testing a batch of flipsky esc unit their anti spark switches are good. And I just got the Bluetooth units in. I have one 6.6 unit being tested ( in the waterproof aluminum case) They have a 100a 6.6 unit with just heat sink and a 50a in aluminum case. The new units look promising less mess from assembly. In the case of the aluminum water proof case. I think it’s to much and traps hot air. We love the diy aspect of this industry and always look to offer a variety of products in cost as well as functionality. For the more cash strapped individual it could be a alternative to the high dollar enertion/trampa market. Maytech has new units as well. Both companies are willing to listen to the forum and its feedback. Flip has started to make changes in response. Using better components and making changes between batch runs tells me they are soon to be competitive with others.

4 Likes

mine works fine, could load the ackmaniac esc tool without problems and no trouble till now.

1 Like

@JdogAwesome I gotta admit I don’t exactly know what ERPM means… but I used the calculator and got a result of 49728 ERPM (using 6S Lipo). Is this going to be a serious problem? If so: what motor can you recommend? Using 6S, 2 Motors and ESCs, weighting 90kg

http://calc.esk8.it/#{"batt-type-lipo":1,"batt-cells":6,"motor-kv":320,"system-efficiency":85,"motor-pulley-teeth":16,"wheel-pulley-teeth":48,"wheel-size":80}|

I have searched a little bit and found this one:

After this calculations 340kV should be the upper boundary for the KV if using 6S and I understand his calculations so far… So is he wrong and I missed something or is 320kV simply too close to the limit?

For 6s it MIGHT be ok but also remember that the voltage will be higher when fully charged.

I would recommend something like 10s and 190kv. If you need cheap motors search HobbyKing for Keda 190kv or Keda 195kv they are both good. One is 6364 and the other is 6356

Your motor pulley says 48T but should be 36T or 32T if you’re using 80mm wheels.

Mine worked fine as well (as long as the erpm is 60/-60), loves the rain :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey guys, I’m new so I hope this is the correct forum to ask my question.

I ordered 2 of this V4 FSESC to control a 70KV Dual 6364 Hub Motor. My idea is to connect them via Bus to control them in Master-Slave. Is this too naive or will it work?

Sorry for being a newbie.

Correct forum, wrong topic :laughing:

But anyway welcome!

You can find a lot with the search function or ask questions here:

But to answer your question, yes connecting with CAN bus is working fine. just use the 2 middle pins of the 4pin connector only (if there are 4 wires). But connect it as last step. It is important that both Fsecs are powered on when connected via CAN bus otherwise you damage the esc.

2 Likes

Sorry and thank you very much!

1 Like