6355, 6374 or 6384?

Who said anything about one motor :sunglasses:

Shaft length? Will it have a keyway and/or flatspot? I’d be interested in running these on a Trampa mountainboard, but need a 38.5mm shaft length.

1 Like

APS 6384(true 84mm) fits on tb218s with TB mounts and 20mm metroboard pulleys… Leaves you with 2mm between the pulley and motor mount, and 5mm between the motor butts. So about 1cm of clearance, Between all.

This is similar clearance to 180 trucks I’ve setup with 15mm belts on dual 6355s. It’s tight but doable :slight_smile:

Edit: just to clarify, this only works with 83mm flywheels, or 107s Superfly. As 90 and 97mm flywheels are not offset they are centerset. Until 90 and 97 Superfly come out. Don’t try this with them lol…

3 Likes

@xclr8r Our shaft length is 33mm from the motor.

@Deckoz Our new 6380 is a 6384… but that 4mm = 8mm saved. Enough room for Dual 6380 with 15mm belts.

1 Like

Nice I missed that post scrolling through. But yeah if you run 15mm instead of 20s, that’s still quite a bit of room 9mm from the setup I mentioned + 8 shorter motors, + 10(-5 per pulley).so should still have a little over an inch of clearance between all.

But really, new bigger motors :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

It will depend on what battery you are going to fit.

The 6355 are 2200W you need 81A motor max, 10S4P battery with 30Q would be recommended.

The 6374 are 3200w you need 87A motor max, 10S5P battery with 30Q would be recommended.

The 6384 are 4000w you need 108A motor max, 10S6P battery with 30Q or even better a 12s4p with a maximum motor max set at 90A

3 Likes

Motor max isn’t necessarly related to the battery’s max amps. It only depends for battery max. In theory you could raise motor max even for a 6355 to 120A with a decent esc. Question is if you really want that. One the one side it’s impressive to have that power and on the other side the board needs to be rideable. I prefer 80 or 90 motor amps each for a dual drive with a reduced throttle curve at the beginning. Could go higher but then the the power can let you loose your balance. Depends on if you want to race or enjoy the ride.

And if I want more or less power it only is a few clicks away with the app.

6 Likes

@torqueboards

Where did you saved those 4mm if the stator is the same size of the 6384?

I use 10s5p 30qs, 35 bat maxand 60 motor max on each. I’m just a power hungry bastard lol, I want to upgrade to 4wd

I also want to try out those sleeping lion 12s FVT escs, but I’m broke as hell right now that I can barely afford train tickets

10s5p… 100a… 50/ESC(focbox.or better)… I ran 80a motor max on my tb6355’s.

If you want more power…you have it available… Just saying… @ARetardedPillow

1 Like

I run a focbox and an ollin through can, I haven’t messed with the amps too much since I want to play it safe. But… POWER

You run 50a bat each?

On my 13s5p with 6374

I run on each Focbox 50 Batt Max -15 Batt Min

125 Motor Max -65 Motor Min

190 ABS max.

Lol stupid power…

Anyway your probably fine running 50BA, and 80MM on a 6355.

1 Like

13s at 50 BM and 125 MM??? That’s some “Stupid power” man :grin: Holy shit I’m gonna try to up the BM and MM by 10A each sometime.

I wonder how much I can push with ESCapes though, I think I’m going to receive them in the next 2 months, gonna see how far I can push them

@Flaco The stator itself isn’t 84mm none of them are so there’s still room/space to work with :slight_smile:

While the TB hanger is 218mm it has long 48mm axles so you can space it out for different wheels pulleys mounts etc.

84mm motors will fit but the axle nut will be very close to the end of the thread so I would not advise it. 74mm motors will fit fine with 15mm belts a gap between the motors and a safe amount of threads left on the axles.

Yeah, I see. Thx for clarification! It looks like the TB truck is as wide as my DIY solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

And that’s why they are so popular!

Decky so i use TB vescs, apparently rated for 50A batt max. I wanna run 40A batt max for more power, i plan on increasing motor max from 70A to 80A. Also gearing from 16/36 to 16/40. You think the batt max upping would be safe? I’m currently running 30A per vesc. @torqueboards if you can chime in. I just put it in this thread cause i didn’t wanna make a whole new one

Edit: @Deckoz

the only issue I have with my TB vesc is heat… I have my battery, vesc and antispark in the same box and its not uncommon for me to hit 80c, and im only running 30a batt max and 80 motor max… how are your vescs holding up(temperature wise, of course)?

maybe mine is defective? lol… still toots like a champ though :man_shrugging:

Well I’m in Houston where we have 100+Fahrenheit. Mines never gone above like 57celcius even with partially hilly terrain. Granted my enclosure isn’t airtight and i have a sizeable gap in the back for air flow. So i don’t think temp would be a problem even with the dual 6374 drawing like a champ

1 Like