6355, 6374 or 6384?

On my 13s5p with 6374

I run on each Focbox 50 Batt Max -15 Batt Min

125 Motor Max -65 Motor Min

190 ABS max.

Lol stupid power…

Anyway your probably fine running 50BA, and 80MM on a 6355.

1 Like

13s at 50 BM and 125 MM??? That’s some “Stupid power” man :grin: Holy shit I’m gonna try to up the BM and MM by 10A each sometime.

I wonder how much I can push with ESCapes though, I think I’m going to receive them in the next 2 months, gonna see how far I can push them

@Flaco The stator itself isn’t 84mm none of them are so there’s still room/space to work with :slight_smile:

While the TB hanger is 218mm it has long 48mm axles so you can space it out for different wheels pulleys mounts etc.

84mm motors will fit but the axle nut will be very close to the end of the thread so I would not advise it. 74mm motors will fit fine with 15mm belts a gap between the motors and a safe amount of threads left on the axles.

Yeah, I see. Thx for clarification! It looks like the TB truck is as wide as my DIY solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

And that’s why they are so popular!

Decky so i use TB vescs, apparently rated for 50A batt max. I wanna run 40A batt max for more power, i plan on increasing motor max from 70A to 80A. Also gearing from 16/36 to 16/40. You think the batt max upping would be safe? I’m currently running 30A per vesc. @torqueboards if you can chime in. I just put it in this thread cause i didn’t wanna make a whole new one

Edit: @Deckoz

the only issue I have with my TB vesc is heat… I have my battery, vesc and antispark in the same box and its not uncommon for me to hit 80c, and im only running 30a batt max and 80 motor max… how are your vescs holding up(temperature wise, of course)?

maybe mine is defective? lol… still toots like a champ though :man_shrugging:

Well I’m in Houston where we have 100+Fahrenheit. Mines never gone above like 57celcius even with partially hilly terrain. Granted my enclosure isn’t airtight and i have a sizeable gap in the back for air flow. So i don’t think temp would be a problem even with the dual 6374 drawing like a champ

1 Like

hmm… sounds like ive got something odd going on… oh well

luckly im scooping up some xt90 -> 60 adapters so i can finally get my focbox on the road :slight_smile:

Sweet! I use bullet connectors!

Mine Focboxes get into thermal throttling pretty quick in the midday heat when I am getting after it…

Hi everyone,

I’m about to build my 2nd board and want to try with belt drive system (my previous built are dual hub from diyeboard with 10s2p). I still can not decide which setup i sud go with, single 6374 or dual 6355. Will be running 10s3p Samsung 30Q, 90mm wheels, 15/36 or 15/32 pulley ratio. Weight about 46kg.

I know that single 6374 more than enough for me, do you guys think that i’ll need dual 6355 for any reason. I do have read about the the advantages/disadvantages about them, just want to know what you guys think. :yum:

Dual for the traction. Acceleration and braking is much better purely because of both rear wheels being driven.

3 Likes

Dual for redundancy and safety (brakes).

Go 10s4p if you can. Less stress, things will last longer and behave better.

1 Like

I agree with the dual part however at 46kg IMO 10s3p will be more than enough.

1 Like

Hey all… Anybody know the exactly the algorithm of vesc? I have dual 6374 and use rc esc, thats very powerful with 15/36 90 mm wheels with 52km/hr tops speed , and massive torque, i use 12s lipo 4200mah 40c…when i upgrade to vesc seems it lost the power, i already set to max current 140a bat current 80a still dont equal to rc esc, the problem with rc esc that dont have good brake algorithm… Anybody can help?

1 Like

Well, you shouldn’t be messing around with your max current, that should stay at 130a

You should probably search a little bit on how to confirgure a vesc

Here’s a start: Link

The values you should be changing are

motor max

Motor min

Battery max

Battery min

As well as setting your cutoff values properly, checking to ensure your preferences on can vs ppm are set correctly, and please do motor detection. There’s no reason to not, and every reason to

Also, please link me to the vesc you have because different hardware versions of the vesc have differing rated power values, you don’t want to pop the DRV by putting too much through it

2 Likes

I use fsesc6.6 with max dual burst upto 800, so 300a burst is safe…motor detection already…my previous esc have max 120a each…

I can’t help but I totally agree with you

Getting power from ESCs based on VESC6

Only few seem to believe :roll_eyes: