6354 / 6374 Stealth Motor Group Buy: Part 2 🚨🚀

Good man @Xusia!

74’s will ship soon. I am also getting the shipment of esc’s tomorrow. So if any of u want to grab one let me know.

I’ve been eye’ing your mounts and @JLabs’ motors when/if he does another group buy. If you guys worked something out for the mount bolt pattern, I’d be more inclined to purchase from both of you. :wink:

I have actually designed the v3, a one piece mount. I am finishing up the tweaks and am getting prices from various manufacturers.

1 Like

As someone who needs a 6374 a mount and a VESC I’d be interested in a package deal if it’s available for shipping soon.

I don’t know how ‘soon’ you need it. I’d say 3-4 weeks.

Ok, 74’s should ship tomorrow. All of the 54’s were dropped off at the post office. 2 - 3 days (from tomorrow). Also for the 74’ers. I just received the FVT 6s and 12s esc’s. Let me know if u want one and I can ship with the motors to save some monies. Here is a quick picture.

What is this fvt 12s? is it the same as the maytech 12s?

diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/torqueboards-12s-120a-car-esc-opto-hv/

No, it is from a different and more reliable manufacturer. It is the same product that @ajaynagra linked. Price for the 12s is $115.

I though diy opto 12s was the same as maytech. What makes this better than maytech? does it have a programming card and throttle curve calibration? Does it have the same overheating issue as maytech?

No, DIY does not sell anything from maytech that I am aware of. The esc is more reliable, it has almost zero failure rate. It does come preinstalled with esk8 firmware (throttle curve). It does not have over heating issues like maytech. Of course if you run it in an enclosure with no ventilation at max throttle it will get warm.

So for a mountain board you say this is deff the best option?

Oh yes, by far. @cmatson is using the same esc and 2 of the motors from the group buy.

1 Like

I just double checked using the search on this forum and its the general consensus that Maytech is a rebranded FVT 12s and both suffer the same issue. How do you know they are not the same?

I think you are talking about the sensored variant. This is the unsensored version. If they were not reliable then DIY would not sell them and more people would be complaining.

1 Like

DIY will sell anything. That doesn’t prove anything. I personally hope your right since im sick of seeing faulty parts being sold here but I think some more people need to answer this question. Preferably people that have used them both. @rmkao @cmatson @Kaly @Namasaki

I beg to differ. DIY will not sell bad or unreliable parts. If he does then he has to issue refunds and his reputation of having quality parts goes out the window. Trust me, I know what I am doing. I would not sell these if they were junk, because all that would do is hurt my reputation.

I use the 12s ESC from torqueboards and it works great! Are these directly from FVT as the airplane ESC and then you are loading on esk8 firmware?

Yes, but they are loading them with the correct firmware.

1 Like

I was using DIY 12s opto esc’s non sensor. They worked good but then I tried Vesc and the Vesc imo is better than anything else out there. Best throttle, Best brakes, most efficient.