$59 6354 / 6374 Motor GB - CLOSED

Yeah, that’s exactly what I expected them to do.

I have those stiff-phase-wire motors on my robots but they don’t really move, so I don’t have any first hand experience with the wires breaking. But what I have read on the forums is that they are the motor strand wires bunched together which are not very flexible and so may break over time.

Also, I wanted at 6355 motor.

PS: your nipples are safe :slight_smile:

I honestly think they will not break. You guys are saying to change the shrink tube to silicone. I get that it may help, but it not changing the actual copper; what really matters. I have never heard of any motor wires breaking, ever and I read almost everything on the forum. Just my opinion. Don’t mean it to be harsh.

I actually said flexy silicone and multi strand wire. Personal testimony says very little about how well this type of wire would work. Not sure, why were still debating this, I was fine leaving it agreeing to disagree.

He was just replying to my reply.

Yes we can just agree to disagree. @Jinra @mishrasubhransu

Bump bump… Still need some 6374’s to be claimed.

Not problems with Tacon 245Kv on 10s with Vesc 4.7… although Im riding an E-bike with reduction gearing mid-drive (8 speed rear wheel cassette - two front chainrings (16speed))… Most I could pull was 1666Watts… (nanotech 10S 16Ah) … although I never got the chance to try and fine tune the VESC parameters… before my bike broke down…

I’m sure most people who setup 63mm’s correctly run fine. But all the problems I hear come from 63mm users. Chaka himself says that he doesn’t believe 63’s are the best motors to use for 4.xx VESCs.

I think 2x 6354’s are gonna open up. @Sboard342 is not responding. I will give him a little while longer.

Still have 3x 6374’s available.

Do you actually have any of these motors as samples? have you tested them before selling them? how many different motors with these wires have you used to build electric skateboards with? “thinking” & “knowing” are very different.

I can tell you the wires will snap off eventually if stressed!!

it’s mostly due to the way they are installed & if that puts leverage & stress directly into those stiff wires when you are turning & carving… the only way to isolate these wires is add more wire that is flexible.

basically, people will just need to cut the wires & install some decent high strand count silicone insulated wires to make sure the “bending-point” is where the flexy wires are & not where the stiffer windings are.

1 Like

I respect you opinion, but disagree: [quote=“onloop, post:130, topic:7955”] it’s mostly due to the way they are installed [/quote] It has everything to do with how the are installed. I use the exact same wires in my daily rider.

The picture is kind of bad, but the motor wires do not bend at all! They simply move an inch or so back and forth when carving, and the ESC wires take the small movements.

Of the 29k posts I have read on here, not once has someone said that their motor wires snapped. Not one.

If really needed people can spend less than $10 and replace the wires. I dont want anyone to get the wrong thoughts, and that is what is going on. I even had the manufacturer send me a video of her bending the wires to partially put your claims to rest. The only reason it is partial is because it is not over time.

Of the 19 motors bought in the group buy (not selling them, yet) if anyone has motor wires snap I will personally send them the silicon wires to replace them for free. That is how confident I am in these wires.

That said I dont want this to turn into a fight about motor wires. I dropped the subject and agreed to disagree with the fellow forum members.

On that note, if @Sboard342 doesn’t respond and there isn’t anyone else in line, I’d be happy to take those two 54s with money ready to be PayPal’ed over. :grinning: I was originally going to do the 74 but can’t pass up the chance for a solid dual 6354 setup.

I actually just received payment from him. Still have 6374’s available!

3 Likes

my advice is you should stop relying on other people & start ordering samples & testing products yourself in the real world… then you can confidently say things like “i have personally ridden this product for xxxxKM’s and never had that fault”

Otherwise when you say “i honestly think they will not break” you might as well say “i have no idea what will happen”

this is not an attack, I am simply trying to help you build a credible reputation…

2 Likes

Replacing the crappy wires with silicon wires is such a pain… It’s not as easy as just replacing the wires… You have to hear shrink the new wires and solder the new wires properly…

These wires will start to deform and eventually snap after a few months. Worth it to have silicon wires off the bat. Source: my sk3.

Update for everyone in on the group buy: motors have begun production, waiting on shafts.

2 Likes

Show more videos of your girlfriend twisting the wires…that was hot lol

2 Likes

I am gonna have to start another group buy for that, she said the next video wont be free.

:joy:

1 Like