$4.20 a Cell - Samsung 30Q cells and battery build service

no 5p options? :’(

3 Likes

Very nice work. Love the clean look of it and how tidy and ‘perfect’ everything is. Thumbs up from me. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

not right now.

5p as a flat pack tends to be an awkward fit in most enclosures so didn’t go for it.

one could easily build a 5p pack without the pcb backing though…

3 Likes

@thisguyhere, how do you attach the nickel to the PCB? Do you spot-weld it? Because the description made it seem otherwise Thanks!

yes, the nickel gets welded onto the pcb copper.

but…it’s a weak connection. it only takes little force to pry the nickel off the pcb.

but that’s ok because the nickel to nickel weld is super strong.

Are you able to ship to canada. great service by the way love to know how much of a ball kicker it is for shipping

yes, canada shipping shouldn’t be a problem.

you can get a quote on the site, just add everything you need in the cart, it has a shipping calculator on it.

but if it’s outrageous let me know, i can probably kick in a bit of a discount.

1 Like

Service is top notch! I ordered just a few cells for my flash lights the other day and they’re already on the way. Thanks!

1 Like

@thisguyhere can you confirm the shipping price to Brazil? $27 for 50 cells sounds to good to be true, and you are the only place that ships them here

You may have a customer in the future (or a bunch, we have a group here that’s looking how to bring cells for everyone)

Does the battery include a charging port?

It does not, since people use a whole spectrum of different types of charge ports i’m leaving it up to end user to decide and install on their own.

@Pedrodemio let me double check, international shipping is based on canada. Shouldnt be much more though, if any.

3 Likes

i was wrong, it’s $60 to brazil.

i’m going to restrict international shipping, except canada.

sorry, that sucks.

Thanks, but that’s fine for me. Restrict due to prices or because each place has different shipping laws?

restrict due to prices.

but…i’m not actually restricting because shipping for small packages is fine. it’s just when it gets to be heavier the cost goes up to certain countries.

put a warning on the product page for international users.

1 Like

Or you could modularize it so that you connect a charge port with an xt30

20181112_232725

correct, this is how mine are built.

1 Like

Price for just one battery shipped? Might use it in my LED kit.

Shipped where?

If US, $7 shipped.

Can you confirm the total length of a fully assembled pack with BMS service of a 10s 3p and 4p pack. Trying to decipher between the two options.

sure thing.

take the length of each cell: (65mm) + width (18mm) + (height (18mm) + 2mm pcb thickness).

multiply by 3p (3 * 18mm) or 4p (4 * 18mm).

multiply that by (S count / 2) to get length, and 2 * 65mm to get width.

so,

1s3p module is 65 x 55 x 20mm 1s4p module is 65 x 72 x 20mm

putting it together

10s3p - 270 x 140 x 20mm (10.6 x 5.5 x 1") 10s4p - 360 x 140 x 20mm (14.25 x 5.5 x 1")

then on top of that add 5 to 10% additioal to each length so it’s a nice easy fit inside your enclosure.

it’s up to you where to place the bms.

i’ll add this to the product description.

2 Likes