3DServisas Trampa | Trampa Holy Pro | 8085 170KV 6kW | FatBoy SS 1:5 Gear Drive | 12S 10P 30Q 30Ah | Dual FocBox

So what are the differences between 60xx and 80xx? More torque? More RPM? Also, talk about an awesome build for your dad! I Hope he has a blast with it!

1 Like

RPM are still depending on your motor KV but mostly its more torque and higher current ratings for e.g. 80100 can go up to 180A :slight_smile: compared to 80A from 6384 :slight_smile:

Also not many drive trains even support 80mm motors

2 Likes

I see, so are there even ESC’s (or VESC’s) that can push this to its full current rating? I mean i would assume that this thing would be a monster if fully powered and mounted as you’ve done! I dont suppose you have some future projects planned for these, do you? :wink:

80100 will come to my trampa build with new FatBoy SS drive. I am getting ARC200 for testing from @tabbytabb so I will maybe able to push these motors to the limits :smiley:

3 Likes

Cant wait!

1 Like

IMG_1058 IMG_1063 IMG_1060

5 Likes

So after APS failed to fulfill their custom shaft order with just cutting of the shaft to dimension needed with angle grinder without taking them out of the motors we started modifying them for long term usage…

Machining shaft to 10mm from 12mm. Milling out the keyways, changing bearings to quality ones, changing hall sensor IC to quality ones which can withstand high temperature and coating everything to prevent water damage.

9 Likes

Well done ! Thanks for sharing !!

What did you use for this ? I mean, did you get a reference/product/brand to advise for that? You coat everything, as the sensor wiring + pcb ? + copper wires of the stator a bit too? (like the 8085 on the left in the 3rd pic?) Thx :v:

1 Like

Are the magnets shit with Aps/saite motors? Or the epoxy that holds them

2 Likes

Would be interested too if the magnets hold better than the 6384. Have mine now first week and realized that from 40-45km/h as min one of the motors start to cry like a siren :sweat_smile: could be a lose wire or the magnets or a screw in the can…

1 Like

Its problem with mostly all motors out in the market for esk8 :wink: It’s when motors heat up and then motor bell case is expanding and then because magnets are glued to surface it brakes off…

@Riako only sensor board using this stuff its up to 125 degrees

Konkakt Chemie Plastik 70 SUPER

https://www.eve-electronics.com/crc-kontakt-chemie-plastik-70-super-acrylic-resin-varnish-400-ml-32046.html

Last minute order for metal milling bits and have some keyways done just in time for upcoming events next week :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know, its pretty simple to fix all the other problems but all the motors use glue that isn’t suitable for high heat

Well mostly issue with glue is not elastic to allow magnets move a bit :wink:

So was doing some playings with original motor bearings and all the motor big bearings (the one which supports bell) were having some hard time to spin…

So quick look under microscope and guess what I found? :smiley: Chinese were glueing the bearings in and didn’t even bother to cover bearings or etc :slight_smile: All bearings have exact spot glues inside them :smiley:

3 Likes

Well they obviously use fake bearings

1 Like

camphoto_758783491

4 Likes

New bearings installed :slight_smile:

7 Likes

As we going to use focboxes for this board, making custom enclosure similar idea to mine just uses custom top plate for whole plate heatsink.

1 Like

That’s a big heatsink… lots of mass to take away heat :ok_hand: What you expect to get out of the focboxes with that one? More than with your previous case?

Not really, just as making a whole enclosure from scratch it was like why not make custom lid too :wink:

2 Likes