3DServisas.eu V1 1:3 gear drive install on TB218

As most know, 3Dservisas.eu makes amazing esk8 parts and builds. I decided to take a chance on the gear drive for tb218 trucks. When it came in, you could tell right away it’s high quality.

I went online to see the manual Here

It was helpful but it didn’t have all the information required to install.

I had issues with placing bearings into the 3Dservisas Hubs. I was told to use a press, which don’t have atm. I was able to force them in.

image image image image

3Dservices now offers bearing pushed in hubs. It’s a good option for nubs like me

I was going to install the gear drive but I ran into an issue. The axel on the motor is way too long. I didn’t have time for the group ride so I decided to use belt drive with 3Dservisas Hubs with Trampa 44T and Gunmies. It was fun but lacked torque.

image image image image

A few weeks later, I started to cut the axel with diamond blade then used angle grinder to grind down the axel. I did not do the best job but it worked.

image image

One of the mounting brackets didn’t fit the tb218, so I had to angle grind some hangar material off for it to fit.

image image

I was stuck on these thin metal pieces, didn’t know where to install. It was not on manual. I did get written instructions, which helped a little. These metal pieces are suppose to help protect your motor from the grease you put into the GG.

Does anyone have a recommendation on grease?

After taking apart the drive gear several times, I was able to fit these pieces in.

image image image

8 Likes

Good job. Btw, gummies fit on 3dservisas hubs?

2 Likes

Yes image image image

And evolve hubs :facepunch:t2:

4 Likes

How is the ride on those Gummies? I have heard they are prerry damn rough unless you are on perfect surfaces…

1 Like

Hi, sorry was out of the house. Those metal pieces should go:

With 4 holes with cut side goes between motor and baseplate

5 holes round goes between wheel mounting and wheel gear to prevent V-ring from slipping off.

1 Like

Will report back to you on this.

Last week used them with belt drive, torque was a bit weak for SF hills. Also my bushing and truck setup could not handle high speed (wobbles).

The first run was in SF and those roads suck.

1 Like

Which picture? It could be one where the motor axel makes the wheel protrude out.

e

i uploaded it on my last post too… maybe i deleted it too fast

1 Like

That could explain why wobbles at high speed other than bushing/truck setup. I used bearings and spacers in the back to make a good fit with the trampa pulley. The spacing could be off with the front. I also ride hard and heavy, these were my first tb218 trucks and rode a lot of miles on them.

1 Like

It also can be default position of hanger because of bushings my caliber ones were one side higher until I adjusted kingpin nut

1 Like

I completed the 3Dservisas gear drivetrain tonight. It took me awhile to make sure the gears ran freely (correct amount of blacklash, :crossed_fingers:). Then the M 2.5 by 10 screws kicked my ass. They are tiny. There are 12 of them. You must do them before mounting trucks. Small hands and good tools help. I got stuck on step 4 :joy:

I used white lithium grease. It was not paste, as recommend by Deckoz. I’ll probably grab some down the road.

3Dservisas drivetrain on TB218 trucks

image image image image image image image

I am excited for the first test ride.

4 Likes

Check the gummies out. Looks like a snake.

First test run was a success. It was a blast. Love the sound it makes lol

6 Likes

I’m happy i found thid thread. No idea how i missed it lol.

Also got the gear drivr but have yet to install it as I’m waiting for the trucks to be complete. They sound sooo good this just hyped me up again! Thanks for the sharing and update.

How did you estimate the amount of motor shaft to cut off? Just wanna see if you had a different approach ti what @Kug3lis recommended me :smile:

This is awful. Is it the tire or the rim? Personally I would not ride that.

2 Likes

Looks like the tire. Ive read that gummies don’t have the best tolerances during production leading to uneven dimensions

I agree I don’t like it. I’ll havs to inspect them and bearings (that I forced in)

I did test it and it screams. I don’t know if gummies are the answer but They go over the bad roads well and look so good.

2 Likes

What wheels are those?

They look like 3D Servisas wheels with Trampa Gummies but I could be wrong

2 Likes

Yup exacty that

This is a 3DServisas rims . https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/fatboy/products/fatboy-mini-drive-train-1-3-for-torqueboards-218mm-trucks

1 Like