3D Printed Hub for 6inch pneumatics on caliber trucks

I’m trying to, but it’s literally constantly raining here in the UK, even for our standards It’s pretty wet right now. Reckon I can finally get to testing next weekend (I’m off down near london for the week)

Man, I’m on the other side of the world and it’s raining! Haha in Wisconsin, USA. And we had a tornado about an hour from me :grimacing: that’s super rare this far north

Luckily no tornado’s here, just super wet. Wisconsin looks like a real nice place to skate. So it’s been super hot (28C) whilst I was over in London working, but when I get back it’s raining and my phone has a picture of thunder & lightning when I unlock it…I suspect it’s trying to tell me something.

I Will test the printed hubs this week, bear with me :expressionless:

Any update on these?

They work, but I’ve only tested for 20k on smooth asphalt. next test is to try gravel trails, maybe go off the curb at speed, hit a pot-hole on purpose etc etc. They simply have to take a little punishment or they’re not fit for purpose.

4 Likes

Have you received that wheel yet?

Sorry, no. I messaged him a while ago and he said that he needed to order atleast 30 wheels.

Just found this thread. Nice seeing others with printed hubs. Here’s mine, got about 250-300km on them. Colorfabb pha/pla

4 Likes

what pressure are you using that they don’t break when inflating? I don’t see any screws to strengthen the hubs - my printed single piece skike hub just exploded.

2 Likes

~3 bar. I’m 75 kg. I used wood screws and cut of the pointy end so the bigger(deeper) threads are in contact with more surface. Hubs are 2 pieces and the inner is holding boath bearings. I think your model might be to compact. Making an “exploding/shattering effect” If you look at this picture you can see 5 cutouts that prevent the exploding wheel thing. It makes it flex just abit not to build up to much pressure on a certain point.

1 Like

@Maxid what’s the inside diameter to the hubs looking at some tyres here in the U.K. But are different size 200/50 so that’s like 7.5x2 but wondered if the inner diameter is different.

looks good! would you be willing to post the file?

I am not a material scientist but I think plastics are not metals that sometimes get stronger when you take away material - your “cutout” should not have any effect (in my opinion) as it does not even need to flex with the screws in place taking all the load. But i am open to be educated in this.

My single skike hub was one piece without screws and thus the plastic had to hold all the load - at 6 bars simply too much.

1 Like

I can tell you tomorrow - but for 200mm wheels your looking at MBS or Trampa territory. Do you really want to use such large wheels on a narrow skate truck?

Yea they are same size as trampa as have just been looking on their site as well. Can get the tyre and tube for £10 so it’s cheap enough to test and find out if I print the hubs.

What tyres are you using with 6 bars? Can’t debate the other thing since I can’t back it up. But you might be right.

1 Like

I don’t have the files anymore. But if you want I can draw them again. But only if you going to use them :stuck_out_tongue:

As I said: 5inch skike wheels

Ah yes. sry morning tired :stuck_out_tongue:

Inner part (actual hub) diameter = 74mm outside ring diameter = 83mm