3D Printed Hub for 6inch pneumatics on caliber trucks

And the 6 x 2 is more round and better quality

I really like the Enertion hubs just never found a round true tireā€¦Tried the Enertion and Skike and an off name Chineseā€¦Stoked. You wouldnā€™t happen to have a link to the Ming and Yang motors would youā€¦Been looking for them since I read this and canā€™t place it.

Thatā€™s what I meant the tires more around. I looked for the link. I could not find it. Sorry there were some other 6 x 2 tires. I donā€™t know if the same :neutral_face:

What is the matter with you? I looked over your postings on this forum and everything is just non-constructive criticism and throwing shit left and right. Nothing helpful at all and yet you have the audacity to ask people to share their designs with you.

Shape up please.

6 Likes

Thanks man!! this is a great find for me. I just ordered some that look like your and some others that are 6x2. I am stoked to try these out and get some all terrains again!!! Here are the links for others that might be interested>> This is the one that looks like yousā€¦ https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ultra-light-carbon-fiber-electric-scooter6-x2-tire-6x2-tire-Mini-scooter-fastship-fo-modified-wheel/32747342221.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.oML279 This is another Im gonna try https://www.aliexpress.com/item/QIND-6X2-6-Inch-Scooter-Tire-Inner-Tube-Set-Electric-Scooter-Wheel-Chair-Truck-free-shipping/32772213851.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.oML279

The second seller had to refund me because the shipping took so long. He only sent the wheel on its way 3 weeks after ordering! I posted an aliexpress link further up with my wheel that is the same but even cheaper. Took only 2 weeks to get to Germany

Yeah, I checked your link and it says they are out of stock. Iā€™m in no rush so I went ahead and ordered.

4 sure, I know how it is. It took me a long time to find those wheels last year. Hope it works out for you And @Maxid, let us know how they roll when you get all four of them on. :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Maxid this is awesome, to print your own hub and then just buy the tyres and tubes would be legendary. I didnā€™t think iā€™d see this anytime soon, If this works Iā€™m donating.

If your happy with the design Iā€™d love to test them, just need the files, then get my m8 to print them.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Are you going with printed wheel pulleys as well? Iā€™m eager to try printing some pulleys in PETG or Nylon just to test the strength.

Btw, isnā€™t slotted screws the worst thing in the world to work with? Canā€™t count all the times Iā€™ve jammed a screwdriver/powerbit into my fingers trying to tighten those bastards. I will assume that you didnā€™t have any others at hand at the moment :wink:

I already used a pulley made out of ABS for my skikes - going to do the same thing when I know that these hubs hold up.

Yeah they are. But I have nuts on the other side that I can fasten while I just need to hold the slotted screw. They are M5 50mm and you are right I did not have any other ones at hand. I also liked however that their head is slimmer than a hex one.

They seem to hold - inflated to 3.5 bars the hub seems to be solid. I jumped up and down on the board and everything stayed where it is supposed to stay :slight_smile:

If you want to test them I can upload them tomorrow to grabcad or thingiverse. Keep in mind that I have not ridden them motorized or in rough terrain though. No idea how long ABS hubs can last and what beating they can take.

Looks sick though - much tougher than the skinny skike wheels

Oh and wheelbite is an issue on my deck now.

8 Likes

If you upload to thingiverse I will print in PCmax max and testā€¦

Here are the files: https://grabcad.com/library/longboard-hub-for-6inch-pneumatic-wheels-1

8 Likes

Awesome, and impressive that you can inflate to 50PSI. Iā€™ve just ordered the tyres, same ones as you ordered, reckon I can replace my front 2 wheels when they come and try slamming them into some speed-bumps and off curbs

Have you considered making hubs for smaller wheel widths as well? Iā€™m assuming the reduced rubber in contact with the ground will mean reduced friction, and therefore increase efficiency. That or go-faster stripes on the side :slight_smile:

Perhaps this tyre? (think itā€™s slimmer) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/6X1-1-4-Tire-Inner-TUBE-Bent-Valve-A-Folding-Bike-Electric-Gas-Scooter/32797333242.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000013.9.H0ygIa&scm=1007.13339.33317.0&pvid=6d9b2820-9572-4329-a241-42c9a228a204&tpp=1

Oh and Wheelbite is now going to do your head in, Iā€™m waiting for what @mmaner does, as heā€™s choosing a deck with psychotillers new 6" billet wheels, so heā€™s going to have to tackle that problem (think heā€™s trying to use 195 Paris trucks) I had to faff around with trucks I donā€™t really like to get mine working without wheelbite, got a few ideas for the future though.

I gt my motor mounts yesterday, trying to mill the Paris 195ā€™s to fit is bit of a pain. The flat spots on the hanger make it impossible to use a 3 jaw chuck, I need a small 4 jaw but donā€™t have one. I dropped off a hanger and mount to a machinist friend today, waiting to see what he comes up with.

I really donā€™t think bite is going to be an issue. Iā€™m using 1/2in shock pads on a deck with pretty massive cutouts. I should have most of the components in by this weekend, Iā€™ll dry fit everything and see how it looks then and update you guys.

1 Like

I am probably just going to make the cutouts larger

Would there be interest for 6in aluminum hubs for 8mm axles (skate trucks)? I can probably sell them for $130 shipped for a set including tires/tubes and $20 per pulley. Itā€™d have to be group buy style to keep costs low.

2 Likes