3D Printed Hub for 6inch pneumatics on caliber trucks

Drilled it out. Reprinted the rims in 1.5* scale aps instead of carbon fiber. It was too malleable.

I use ABS for the hub and PETG on the Ends and pulley. 70PSI and 30 miles later and no problems.

Guys I found these 6x2 that are cheaper than the ones posted at the top. $8 with tube. Around $40 for set of 4 with shipping.

Wow, do you pump regular 6x2 tubes to 70PSI? I have mine at 35PSI; 70 must feel like riding on urethane.

Hi a quick question. Is it the thought so that i only need retainer on the back side og the hub? or how can i attach it on the front side? the retainer has a lib

I went past 80 just to trial, then let out air to roughly 70. Slight warpage of the end cap like someone mentioned earlier, so i printed new ones.

I’m still using maxids design for the front two and they’re fine. Pneumatics pretty much halve the range of your battery, having a high PSI compensates a little on the road and gives you a smidge more range.

How did these affect your range compared to street wheels?

Would you recommend abs or carbon infused filament? Printing using a wasp 2040 with hot bed and enclosure

I would really like to use these hubs, but I dont have access to a 3d printer. Anyone in Europe interested in printing these for me for a fair price? :grinning:

Where are you located?

I live in Trollhättan, Sweden.

I’m using ABS on front wheels, with Maxids design, and PETG for the back ones with ptowncruisers design. Both are fine. There’s no point printing in exotic carbon filament when considering the materials suitability, however i’d say it can look better.

Had my first flat tyre yesterday whilst off-roading down some dirt and gravel tracks, managed to limp back home with no damage to the hub or pulley. Think I need to print some hot-swappable spare wheels…

1 Like

@DavidBanner might be able to help you out with this?

its over 90 hours print time for a set of 4 hubs, even at £2 an hour that is going to be too expensive

1 Like

I got a big problem with these hubs. I have tried 6 prints now. But i can not seem to get them to stop wobbling when using with the bearings. Its like they are always crooked. What do wrong?

Probably your printer settings, you may have some warping on your prints.

Do a test print with a few basic shapes like cubes, cylinders, see if they are geometrically correct. If you are using a delta and its set up wrong your circles become ellipsoids, squares become rhombuses etc.

By the way, anyone tried printing a hub in PLA? If so, what infil did you try? Or fully solid?

I have bo ABS, and wondering if its worth to try and waste a bunch of PLA. Id print a single hub for an 8in tire for starters.

I will test thanks.

Anyway do a test with PLA, can it hold say 25KG while roling on say concrete then i think its good enough

@ptowncruiser What is the fit for the bearings? It seems to be a slipfit when I tried inserting bearings and ended up using some loctite retaining compound to secure it.

What would be the diameter of hub and outer ring on a 8 inch(200x50) tire? Having a hard time finding out the dimensions