3D Printed Boosted Board Killer

Thanks for having a look at the pictures. Its the normal 4.12 TB VESC. IMG_5683 IMG_5682 IMG_5681

I personally use the ppm port of my vesc with a rc remote. Are you going to build a firefly remote?

If anyone needs this printed. I have a large fully enclosed printer that print this without issue.

My setup is posted below.

1 Like

yeah, I already builded the transmiter… I have got a problem with this UART port

Well, it goes there :slight_smile: Just be careful not to short those two… Are you planning to use firefly Controller?

Sn%C3%ADmka It is way easier to put it in here, as there is nothing to short

Awesome, thank you very much. I have a GT2B transmitter, no firefly.

@solidgeek @matiller You could ask himself :smile:, coz I don’t really know a solution for that

Thanks @Pryside for this build, been watching your YouTube videos, learning lots! Looking to do my first build this month :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can I use 57v power supply with that smart bms? (12s)

I watched your You Tube video a few times and you went into detail on alot. I want to know how you might change your board if you are using hub motors Would you still recomend doing a 12s 2p system? or less power because the motors don’t have to turn a gear.

@matiller no!

@curtis his battery is a 12s3p and will work with hubs perfectly fine as well. Don’t go 12s2p.

well… can I use 52? or what is the safe voltage? Does it have to be 50.4 or can it be 51? Thanks

Get a charge which fit to your battery 12s battery means 12s Charger. You probably will not have issues if you use a charger with lower voltage besides that it will never charge up 100%, but don’t use a charger with higher output voltage than your pack. A smart bms is not a wonder box. It’s still just a bms.

1 Like

The bms might save you from blowing up your battery but the only save way to charge it is to get a “50,2V 12S charger”. There are a ton of them on aliexpress

1 Like

What size nickel stips did you use? As I am reading 10mm by 0.15 is not enough… Thanks

depending on how many cells paralell you have. If the current only has to go less than 20mm there wont be any problems. Otherwise just weld another sheet on top if you want to cross a bigger distance

Hi @Pryside,

1. Can I use this ESC instead? It’s cheaper https:///collections/esc-speed-controller/products/torque-esc-bldc-electronic-speed-controller

2. I understand that you don’t recommend TorqueBoard motors. What motor do you recommend?

3. Is the belt 265mm or 280mm ?

4. I have a drone with a 6S 4in1 ESC, does installing a TVS diode help protecting the esc?

5. There is always a spark when plugging in the battery. Drone is powered through the ESC board. Should I also install anti spark?

1. Many on this forum use that ESC, should be fine, but will require the diode trick if you intend to run it at 12s voltage
  2. TB motors have been updated recently to make them stronger and more reliable, I don’t see why you wouldn’t go with them
  3. belt length depends on the pulleys and mounts used, someone might know a good calculator for it
  4. don’t know
  5. sparks when plugging in a battery is normal, most people here use loop keys as switches instead of anti-spark ones.
1 Like