3D Printables for ESkate

I actually just ordered some CF PLA. It should be arriving on Monday. I look forward to doing some tests :slight_smile:

From what Iā€™ve read, it prints at normal PLA temps. Apparently it has a really cool finish and is harder to see the layer lines.

Has anyone here tried annealing their prints? From tests Iā€™ve seen, it can increase strength significantly. The downside is that parts tend to shrink (X/Y) and grow in the Z dimension.

I think it also tends to make PLA prints slightly more temperature resistant. This sounds like something that would pair well with CF PLA.

1 Like

I am using a super volcano (still a prototype) with a 100W heater. I like to print 30-45mm/s.

1 Like

Hey @mmaner

Any idea why the hex nuts recommended for modular pulley kit seem to be way too small? :confused: Where did I go wrong?

IMG_20190103_110842

1 Like

Not sure, I usually use the locknuts with a nylon insert, I think they have a wider body.

What material did you print in? Just a little concerned. And you should take a caliber and measure. Probably M6.

Ah ok, that makes sense. For some reason the 2.5 length didnā€™t work out either. I think some clones have thicker cores maybe? Hmm.

IMG_20190103_111525

Abs 100% infill

1 Like

Yeah, most clones donā€™t have exactly the same size core as real ABEC Flywheels, even some of the newer flywheels have different size cores than the originals. I designed these pulleys a couple of years ago, no updates since then.

How different is the evolve core and genuine flywheel? I found the insert one on thingiverse which has screws partially into the spokes, tried it , it snaps and designed one with screw all the way through. Fits like a glove on the evolve with heat shrink to get it super tight. Wonder if I should post it.

I donā€™t have any idea. Iā€™ve bought some evolve numies before but never thane. Post it, cant hurt and Im sure someone will need it eventually.

Iā€™ve tried to find it in here but doesnā€™t seem to exist do you happen to have one of these for a larger Voltage meter?

Dimensions: 61.3 x 33.3 x 13.5mm / 2.41" x 1.31" x 0.53"

The top one, just the volt meter and xt90

I dont, but I can make you one. Give me a few mins, I think I have that model with me.

3 Likes

Can you double check the measurements? That seems huge, itā€™s gonna make for a rather large switch plate.

Your a legend!

itā€™s definitely 61.3 mm x 33.3 mm

image image

I am weighing up just cutting that directly out of the enclosure and just using your XT-90 connector cover.

But if itā€™s not much trouble itā€™d be awesome to have the option

1 Like

Ill be happy to make you the plate but its gonna be huge. Iā€™ve used these voltmeters int eh past, I like them because they are water proof from the outside. I usually an XT90 panel mount and just cut a whole in the enclosure for the voltmeter.

If you want it Ill do the model tomorrow after I get back from taking my kid to the airport, about to go home for the day now.

1 Like

I might just do that actually. I just realized I donā€™t want to make my enclosure any bigger than 40 mm thick (35 mm would be ideal) so if itā€™s a lot bigger than the meter itself it wouldnā€™t fit anyway any making it any smaller would defeat the purpose of having it.

Really appreciate the offer though.

1 Like

It would have to be at least 38mm tall, to leave some edge to print around the meter. Probably more like 40mm total.

No worries, Iā€™ll just use the XT-90 cover and put that directly into the enclosure.

Itā€™s a long shot but anyone know of a place in Brisbane, Australia to 3D Print?

Iā€™ve checked out about 5 places so far and they donā€™t let you print 1 off small stuff.

2 Likes

I have used tough PLA - I 3d printed a prototype aerodynamic mount for a formula E car in TPLA. We sent it round the track at 200MPH and it held up fine

2 Likes