3D Printables for ESkate

Amazing! Do you have pics of it printed? Will 3 pieces fit a 11s3p plus 2 focboxes.

2 Likes

thanks, not yet as Iā€™m still working on it. Seems pointless to spend 20 hours printing out when I am still adding features :slight_smile:

Depending on your battery length and cell layoutā€¦ The 3 pieced one measures 40cm overall, against 60cm for the 5 piece one.

Today I have made provision for a Volt LCD (a standard one readily available online), Momentary ON/OFF switch (standard diameter) and Charging Point (using one I had in my toolbox so assume itā€™s a standard size!).

Location recess for 2x FOCBOX, and finally Phase Wire Routing Holes.

Iā€™ve also previously designed a Cable Riser, which you can view on my thingyverse profile, and I will do an END version that joins into this for a sleak OEM look.

1 Like

Updated here. Extra 3mm clearance as became apparent that 22mm isnā€™t enough for FOCBOX :slight_smile:

2 different END Sections now, one with provision for stuff, and the other blank. Gonna leave this for a while now and actually print one out. Only then will I see what needs to change for the real world applicationsā€¦ Been a fun project.

5 Likes

What is the material you use to 3Dd print your gadgets? I had an enclosure printed in pla for my esc but after a year it fell apart so now I printed it in TPU because it should resist better the vibrations.

been testing size and fitments with PLA because itā€™s easy, but the final version will be ABS, printed in draught free enclosure. This whole thing is just a design exercise for fun, but if someone likes it enough to use themselves that would be good enbough for me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nylon 910 alloy or bust.

Iā€™ve worked with printers for 9 years or so now, best filament in terms of strength and ease to work with.

1 Like

Anyone here printing, or have experience with printing with 0.8mm or (gasp!) 1.2mm nozzles?

Iā€™m going to print my battery enclosure again and printed my last one with a 0.4mm nozzle. I remember someone saying that you should print the enclosure vertically since the ā€œgrainā€ is important and it would have more strength.

I have only just got my Volcano hot-end going and both of the larger nozzles produce hella-strong partsā€¦ Iā€™m tempted to print my enclosure ā€œface downā€.

Face-down would be a benefit cause I understand support material is hard to remove with the larger nozzles and I have some over-hanging parts.

(OMG love the 1.2mm nozzle; itā€™s comically large though)

2 Likes

Havenā€™t used bigger nozzles myself yet using the new printer to upgrade my old one for larger print volume so Iā€™m planning to try some bigger nozzles there too. Regarding overhangs if you can adjust the model to have a draft/chamfer that goes up at 45degree angle or higher then the printer should be able to make that angle happen without adding support underneath but sometimes youā€™re better off slicing the model in half and printing the two pieces then binding together (with abs using abs slurry/glue works super well, basically a chemical bond plastic to plastic to plastic).

1 Like

Yeah I use 45deg angles everywhere with 0.4mm nozzle but Iā€™m not sure if it works with 0.8mm/1.2mm nozzlesā€¦ yet.

Iā€™ll report back.

.6 nozzle, 45 degrees are fine for me. As long as layer height is not much more than 0.6x extrusion width, overhangs shouldnā€™t be a problem.

Yeah 0.8mm was fine at 45 degrees. Just have to sort out my cooling.

The biggest nozzle Iā€™ve tried on my Volcano was 1.0 mm. With a good filament the prints come out ridiculously strong, even one layer width is tough as f**k. I havenā€™t tried supports with this 1.0 mm but I did try using a brim and it was a major pain to remove :smiley:

2 Likes

I found that with the enclosure I was printing there was only about 5 mins difference in printing time between the 0.8mm and 1.2mm (~3 hours). Figured it was because the printing speeds were faster on the 0.8mm (35mm/s compared to 25mm/s). 0.8mm would be a nicer/smoother surface.

No one seen a 5p version of this by any chance? :wink:

3 Likes

can someone confirm that this locknut will fit 97mm flywheels

I can modify it for you if you tell me if you need the 12mm or 10mm strip

Iā€™ll add 5p when I get home lol. I should make it openscad/parametric. With options for opening in front. If I wasnā€™t so lazy.

3 Likes

here you go this @bigben (the 10mm version) lol already made it hope you donā€™t mind @deucesdown

3 Likes

Nice work! I was too late to replyā€¦ I use 12mmā€¦

2 Likes

added a 12mm version (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3261965/files)

2 Likes