3D Printables for ESkate

Worked pretty well if I do say so myself.

3 Likes

Just wanted to share my new printer build this seemed like an appropriate enough place. It’s a genuine Prusa i3 MK3 kit build, took me the better part of two days to get it put together and working but she’s a beaut

IMG_20181108_155811

IMG_20181108_160627

IMG_20181108_185721

IMG_20181108_205649

IMG_20181110_000311

IMG_20181110_001917

IMG_20181110_084053

So happy :joy:

22 Likes

A for real prusa, I’ve never actually seen one in real life but they are a power house. Good job.

3 Likes

3D Print all the things!

1 Like

I have the MK2s for 18 months. Been brilliant since first print. Can’t beat it for the money !

2 Likes
2 Likes

My latest thing

Still a work in progress to a degree, but I’ll only be adding things like focbox/unity mounting holes, phase wire and switch holes, and a mount for a generic VOLT LCD.

I’m happy with the basic shape and fitment though.

11 Likes

Any guy here have the pulleys for the mbs rockstar 2 hubs plastic

These will work https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3204010… _ added a picture of printed part to the item.

3 Likes

This have the same holes that superstars

Yes… they do it is a 66T and i think there is a 72T available as well.

2 Likes

Amazing! Do you have pics of it printed? Will 3 pieces fit a 11s3p plus 2 focboxes.

2 Likes

thanks, not yet as I’m still working on it. Seems pointless to spend 20 hours printing out when I am still adding features :slight_smile:

Depending on your battery length and cell layout… The 3 pieced one measures 40cm overall, against 60cm for the 5 piece one.

Today I have made provision for a Volt LCD (a standard one readily available online), Momentary ON/OFF switch (standard diameter) and Charging Point (using one I had in my toolbox so assume it’s a standard size!).

Location recess for 2x FOCBOX, and finally Phase Wire Routing Holes.

I’ve also previously designed a Cable Riser, which you can view on my thingyverse profile, and I will do an END version that joins into this for a sleak OEM look.

1 Like

Updated here. Extra 3mm clearance as became apparent that 22mm isn’t enough for FOCBOX :slight_smile:

2 different END Sections now, one with provision for stuff, and the other blank. Gonna leave this for a while now and actually print one out. Only then will I see what needs to change for the real world applications… Been a fun project.

5 Likes

What is the material you use to 3Dd print your gadgets? I had an enclosure printed in pla for my esc but after a year it fell apart so now I printed it in TPU because it should resist better the vibrations.

been testing size and fitments with PLA because it’s easy, but the final version will be ABS, printed in draught free enclosure. This whole thing is just a design exercise for fun, but if someone likes it enough to use themselves that would be good enbough for me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nylon 910 alloy or bust.

I’ve worked with printers for 9 years or so now, best filament in terms of strength and ease to work with.

1 Like

Anyone here printing, or have experience with printing with 0.8mm or (gasp!) 1.2mm nozzles?

I’m going to print my battery enclosure again and printed my last one with a 0.4mm nozzle. I remember someone saying that you should print the enclosure vertically since the “grain” is important and it would have more strength.

I have only just got my Volcano hot-end going and both of the larger nozzles produce hella-strong parts… I’m tempted to print my enclosure “face down”.

Face-down would be a benefit cause I understand support material is hard to remove with the larger nozzles and I have some over-hanging parts.

(OMG love the 1.2mm nozzle; it’s comically large though)

2 Likes

Haven’t used bigger nozzles myself yet using the new printer to upgrade my old one for larger print volume so I’m planning to try some bigger nozzles there too. Regarding overhangs if you can adjust the model to have a draft/chamfer that goes up at 45degree angle or higher then the printer should be able to make that angle happen without adding support underneath but sometimes you’re better off slicing the model in half and printing the two pieces then binding together (with abs using abs slurry/glue works super well, basically a chemical bond plastic to plastic to plastic).

1 Like

Yeah I use 45deg angles everywhere with 0.4mm nozzle but I’m not sure if it works with 0.8mm/1.2mm nozzles… yet.

I’ll report back.