37mph fall anyone?

as long it is no full enclosure, you will have no problems.

1 Like

i used carbon reinforced decks with carbon enclosure - the only way to get the signal through was a slot i routed into the board - sank the receiver cable into the board basically. other way is a dangling receiver cable outside the box!

I read a bit about it on some RC forums. It’s true, if its not an all around CF enclosure there is no problem. Especially with such a small distance. (Reciever to remote) Nice walk around @whitepony.

1 Like

How would the remote dropping out show up in telemetry? I had the same fault, albeit on a single setup the other day… only 20kmh so no damage apart from pride! Metr telemetry shows no fault just a drop in drive to zero…

Sorry to hijack…

If your ESC are setup to go to zero throttle then it would look like you just let go of the throttle while riding

Hey guys quick update so I finally had time to open my board up and I strictly remember seeing it at 95℅ the day I rode it and now its at 12%, any leads on that ? My voltage is at 39v that is why all my vesc cut out at all at the same time 39v was my cut off with 38 but question being is why did my battery go from 95% to 12% in the span of 2 miles ?

After further Inspection I suspect, that this is the culptrid and managed to find small cables loose as well , not sure I’f you guys could see it but the metal is actually exposed

@barajabali I think the board is shorting and draining itself what happens if I ship it to u and it drains itself to low ? No cables were besides it and were on top also they had some non static foam jerry gave me to cover or pertect the sides , all in all I think it was my fault from my 35mph full reverse accident sending the board 5 feet into the air

3 Likes

After more further inspection

Holy hell do not ship that. Last thing we need is a flaming UPS truck. Maybe you can have @psychotiller in Lake Forest take a look and isolate the issue before shipping?

Where is @willpark16 these days anyway? Did his injury stop him form persuing the hobby?

Lol. Yeah not sure I got some shrink wrap coming in I could probably wrap it and ship it ?

The wrap is not going to prevent metal to metal contact.

I mean I rode it like that unaware for like a week so, am sure it won’t catch fire , they exsplains a lot why I felt my board was wonky and weird and brakes were not there there like soft brakes I just thought foc soft break things

That was basically what my Saturday ride was. Jittery here and there. I thought FOC and FocBox was the issue again

Idk. Wouldn’t Jerry be able to help with this?

Well there is your problem, not something I like to see but it looks like that fall from 5 feet really fucked up the pack.

If you can get in there and rip the nickel strip out carefully, and then ship it to me. that would be ideal

1 Like

So the lesson here is…

If your enosure falls off… Don’t put it back on without completely inspecting the battery…

4 Likes

Yes sir I didn’t bother to check the sides because the foam was still there on the sides but funny enough what took all or most of the impact was the motor can and its scratched but no broken magnet lol the motor can survived a direct impact while it was in the air and landed on the motor can like a plane taking a dive.

True…but if rattles can rip spot welds… No doubt dropped enclosure can. Be careful…that pack could be more volatile then you think…

1 Like

Conclusion time Battery spot welds broke but still touching a little after my 35mph reverse incident making board fly 5 feet into the air not knowing battery was damaged. One week after that I rode it and realized board was a bit wonky with loose brakes thought nothing of it. Rode official like a full on ride to school board was at 95% trying to pull so much Amp with broken welds caused the board to sag to 12%,(39v) and making all 4 vesc shut off or stop

Now that you know, how’s the body damage doing.

1 Like

Body wise chicks don’t dig it bro, I think they will soon dig it when my gear arrives soon. Lol… Anyways my shoulders feel fine now but my left ankle is still pretty bad . Got scuffed up from rolling but there just bruises scratches from rolling. Overal left ankle probably going to have to go to the doctor to check it out

4 Likes