3000W Electric Unicycle Build!

This seems to have worked in an instrutable from a few years ago. A digital IMU and using a higher clock rate Teensy over an Arduino should make it even better.

That’s Ron from my group he’s a cool guy but now he’s alot more careful he was too fast to hear the beeping and it gave out on him.

5 Likes

We think your bro is positively heroic for sharing that video; helps us all be safe. Please, convey my sincerest thanks and I appreciate you letting us know, my brother. Be well!

4 Likes

Yeah I was the one who took him to the hospital that night… :skull:… respect the beep :call_me_hand:t5:

5 Likes

Yes! This is also a huge problem when at speed, you can no longer hear the hum of the motor either because its so quiet… no gauge as to how far along the trigger you are :((

You really have to be careful with this type of device, as its a guaranteed “superman” dismount when you dive fowards :grimacing:

2 Likes

Hey this is Ronald (AKA) RonsworldMiami. Thanks a lot for watching and sharing with others. The video was meant to let us EUC riders see the danger if we don’t “Respect The Beep” or choose not to where a helmet! The protective gears saved me from severe injuries I’m just happy now it was just a dislocation and two major muscle tear in my shoulder! Better than being brain dead :tipping_hand_man:t5:. Please wear gear! I love EUC the video is not to discourage anyone from riding one I’ll never stop lol I just wish there was better safety features on it. Maybe slow down the rider if he/she is overpowering the unit. The beep going fast you could barely hear it do to wind noise and the helmet. The tilt back is great but if your overpowering the unit and set off the tilt back that might require more power to pull up the rider and eventually causing the unit to fail and face plant the rider lol. I really appreciate you guys for watching and I hope you guys come up with a better safety feature. O from the tons of comments I got on the video it did not hit the car! lol thanks guys and if your ever in Miami come join ESK8MIAMI and ride with us!

10 Likes

Man i can’t thank you enough for taking me to the Hospital!! I really appreciate it till this day!!

6 Likes

Hey brother, glad your doing ok. Haven’t seen ya since the summer, but I appreciate the videography. It helps people see and hear what esk8 is all about.

Heal fast and feel better.

5 Likes

Thanks man! I’m doing a whole lot better! It’s about 90 percent healed just som slight pain when I left weights lol but nice to hear from you! Thanks again!

4 Likes

That can only be changed by making an unlimited-power device, which is against the laws of physics, and, hence, won’t be built.

The best you can do is have one that is plenty powerful.

The problem with self-balancing devices is that the device itself is not in control of the speed – you are – because the more you lean, the more power has to be applied to keep your face off the street. At some point you can just keep leaning forward until there isn’t enough power to overcome gravity, and you will faceplant. There is a speed at which that will happen for ANY eunicycle. It just means a combination of

1. you must ride responsibly and
  2. don’t build/buy cheap shit

But overall I don’t like devices that rely on the powered drive train functioning in order to keep your face off the street – that also includes self-balancing scooters and Onewheels and electric unicycles.

1 Like

I think with 3000W continuous and 4000+ W burst power for 10 sec, I have sufficient power to not worry about pushback or exceeding the wheel’s power. Loud beeps should be plenty to warn me of low voltage which is the only itching thing I have to worry about. I’ll just have it beep once when it drops below 3.5v, twice below 3.4 and so on. At 3.2v I’ll just have it beep like crazy

1 Like

Also a loud beep pattern at +/- 3000W (which I will set at +/-8 degrees) would be nice just to know if I ever even pull 3000W of power.

You need to learn how to ride the EUC and keep your balance, and not just drive at high speed. And then there will be less chance of falling. By the way, can you tell me the responsible seller of EUC in Europe? And then with the current situation in the world (coronavirus), not everyone delivers goods quickly or even closes.

1 Like

EU youtubers seem to plug speedyfeet.