3 wheel Frankenboard| C8080 70kv| 12s| VESC| MBS Matrix| Custom 9 layer vacuum press

I have received the new replacement motor from Alien Power Systems. But I have not had the time to do anything with it yet.

I do have another R/C dog video that I haven’t posted here yet. I made it using my new Runcam 2 (720@120fps) So much better than the old gopro I was using. The car handles better now and the slow motion is sweet… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XgDphx6gBI

1 Like

Where did you buy the motor ??

The replacement motor I am running now came from Alien Power Systems in the UK. http://alienpowersystem.com/shop/brushless-motors/c8080-sensored-outrunner-brushless-motor-70kv-5000w/27

I have another video up. Some drunk fool threw a chunk of lumber in front of me at the end of the ride. Some people…The ride was a couple weeks ago, just had time to get a decent cut of the footage together.

I have been busy working on a trailer and travel plans. We are road tripping out west into the Rocky Mountains in B.C. Picked up a used 5x8 Wells Cargo trailer a few weeks ago. Put a 90 watt monocrystalline solar panel on the roof, running to a 15 amp dc circuit breaker, to a charge controller and finally 12v 250ah AGM battery. There is a 600w modified sine inverter and a 12v socket in the rear. Basic electronics, tool battery chargers, lipo charger, etc. Our dry-camping will be limited only by water… :slight_smile: Leaving in a week. Storage for snowboards and the Frankenboard.

4 Likes

some people haha “why not?!” :joy:

precut board is on the street, post cut board is in the roadside ditch, what about that? :hushed:

really love your board, its so unique and looks really great to ride :ok_hand:

3 Likes

thx @whitepony I love your builds as well. High quality finish, primo parts and clean style. Respect. :sunglasses:

lol yeah, “why not”… I like when he replies to “what is wrong with your brain?”, with “alot.”…lol, that response surprised me in the moment. If there was more water running in the ditch it could have been tragic… I might have hit him then, haha

hey @jaybird your board looks really awesome!

when building your board how did you work out the angel you needed at each end? are they both the same?

I looked at the Roarockit boards but it’s still expensive for a board you have to make yourself? is there a cheaper way?

which kit did you get?

The board is awesome, how has it been going? Mods? Adventures its gotten you into?

Sorry for the lack of updates, the Frankenboard has not been used in a while. We have been working and traveling in some remote areas on the west coast of British Columbia and the “roads” combined with constant rain have made it unfriendly to eboarding. I will have some time this spring to re-work a few things on it though. I am going to strip it down and add two or three layers of carbon fiber to the top to stiffen it up. The current flex is causing issues with chain tension/alignment and high speed stability. I also need to re-seat the bead on the rear tire and fab up covers for batteries/vesc.

@nonstop The angles of the board are roughly the same 43-45*, but the radius of the bend in the tail is softer. I have the longboard vacuum kit with the off-center nozzle, so it does not leave a mark in the center of the board when your laying carbon fiber. I bought the veneers in person at Roarockit in Toronto, so I could pick my own specific cross and long-grains.

@lrdesigns Thanks. Nothing lately, but hopefully soon… :slight_smile:

Got around to editing some year old footage…

4 Likes

I love your board!!!

1 Like

Pretty rare to see people from BC here. :slight_smile: Totally get the rain thing… My board is ready but the weather isn’t… Big up to the 1st gen Xterra

1 Like

Any update ? Btw look at this 8 inch hub motor https://m.banggood.com/8inch-24V36V48V-Brushless-Hub-Motor-Toothless-Wheel-For-Electric-Scooter-Skateboard-p-1432409.html?rmmds=search

High, Great work @jaybird!!! Well done and thanks for sharing! This post is old but let’s try: I am very curious about your turning radius and about the angle and back front wheel distance you used for this. I dream to build a recumbent bike with, for only steering system, a mountainboard truck… It should thus look like your 3 wheel board but with my legs as paddling engine instead of the motor… I am very afraid it won’t turn enough or that it will swing too much when I paddle. I would be very grateful for any advice/comments from the “3-wheelers”? Thank you! PS: Apparently I can’t put any pictures of the draft plans, sorry