2nd Round MAD hubs Group Buy + MAD Fury Direct Drive Conversion Kit [EU/US]_Completed

@rey8801 I’m pretty sure the answer is yes, but the DD conversion is fully reversible? Can convert back to 90mm hub? And the kit will work with both 75kv and 60kv? Thanks man I’m still trying to decide :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi. Yes and yes. It’s a conversion kit. You need to modify a bit the original motor but you get an adapter with the DD kit to switch back to hub motor. 60Kv use the same motor different winding. Is what I am gonna test it next with bergmeister wheels for my commute short AT board. Would be the first motors at 60Kv, never made before.

1 Like

FYI Just to inform you all, we are more than half way to reach the DD threshold. Possible that the GB ends sooner and we get parts sooner then :wink:

2 Likes

@rey8801

You recommended the 75kv. Any particular reason for this?

I chose 130kv because I don’t need that much torque.

Simply because I have tried both and to me teh 74Kv is just superior. Goes really fast. More efficient and strong strong torque. Never tried 130Kv 4wd but I would choose 75Kv everyday. 75Kv is what I am using now…

Anyhow I would need the help of someone with a 3D printer who has BOA, ABEC107mm and ABEC 97mm to test fit the pulleys. It’s really a 20 minutes print in PLA and that would help everyone. I tested them on popoca, clone abec. 90mm abec, 97mm esk8wheels. I just want to be sure with the other wheels too. Thanks!

1 Like

I could print the Abec adapter to test the 107mm and 97mm Flywheels if you want :wink:

EDIT: Can I know the rear width of the MF? (same as a standard front truck?)

1 Like

With the new design with installed wheels shoud be around 300mm from wheels to wheels. From axle to axle 290mm. Thanks for the help with the ABEC test fit. I will send you the STL file to print super soon :wink:

1 Like

I have filled 2 forms. I want hubs. I want the DD conversion. I want the truck. I want spare sleeves. I want kegel. I want ABEC.

To say it with mercury: I wan it all and i wan it NOW!

4 Likes

Ahahaha all noted! About the Pulley when the people who will get the direct drive kit are decided we will have a chat and decide which Pulley to go. The quotation is for 5 pairs of each. Can be 10 pairs on one style and 5 of the other. Or only 10 on one. As long we meet at least 5 pairs is feasible otherwise the company will ask to much for making them. @Riako is testing the ABEC core with flywheels 97 or 90mm and 107mm… I tested with esk8wheels 97mm, clone abec. Probably @pookybear will give a try too, thanks pal. For the kegel I only tested with popoca. If someone has BOA, please let me know!

Made another video with telemetry, speed, gpdls and altitude this time. The top speed is a bit off but you will get the point! Promise. Post it soon…

2 Likes

can’t wait

1 Like

in 10 char

1 Like

Youll want to change it to the 75kv, I promise. Theyre stupid inefficient, and although fast, would greatly benefit from increased torque. I would think that 85/90kv would be the ultimate hubs for urethane, but for a dd, rey is right, 60 or 75kv is great.

4 Likes

for 12s too?

3 Likes

Yes guys believe me. @anon64938381 is right. I am here to really help and advice on them . I have used both. Maybe the 4wd would cover the low torque inefficiently but 75Lv is just right…really strong, fast and efficient. No point for 130Kv. You want more speed than 55kmh? Take the DD and use 100mm. That what I would do. I will post a video with a bit of telemetry to understand the performance in few hours

3 Likes

are the direct drive easy to install if i get the dual hubs and truck first?

1 Like

I’d like to know this myself. Will we need special tools?

1 Like

@pookybear @stormboard1 replied here https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/2nd-round-mad-hubs-group-buy-mad-fury-direct-drive-conversion-kit-eu-us-ends-on-31-03-19/86850/120?u=rey8801 The conversion will take only the time unscrews bolts. Only modification to motor is a 12mm hole at the the back. I will do it and pre assemble the custom truck. You will only need to swap the motors on the DD hanger or use them as hubs with a normal hanger Paris style. As previous GB I will make a tutorial, but really is super easy. That was the purpose :wink:

1 Like

When I order them together between the two order there will be 2 weeks of difference I guess. If you want the hubs alone first then you will need to drill the hole as I will show or send them back to me if you are not sure. Otherwise If you can wait a bit more due to CNC production I will pre assemble all of them…