2nd Round MAD hubs Group Buy + MAD Fury Direct Drive Conversion Kit [EU/US]_Completed

I’m in!

I have just one question. The kit comes with one custom truck, but is the other (not custom) one also included? Or would I have to order one separatly? If so, which one?

Thanks!

1 Like

Wait. So as I said the hubs and the conversion kit have to be seen as separate parts. The hubs part you can order the hubs only. And as option you have the pre drilled Paris 180mm clone truck (10 euro) only rear and the spare sleeve (10 euro each). The DD kit comes with everything you need to use it no potions needed is full optional already :grin:

1 Like

I misunderstood, sorry.

Just to be clear that I’m not misunderstanding, I have to sign up for both forms. At the first form I don’t need the PU sleeves as they are for the hub motors only. I also don’t need the Paris trucks as they are included with the DD kit. All the rest is included, except for the wheels (any Kegel style wheel will do). I would just screw it on my board (screws not included) and plug the connectors in my VESC. Am I missing something?

I’m sorry if I ask stupid questions, I’m quite new to the esk8 world :S.

I love what you are doing, and I cannot wait to try it out!

1 Like

Damn!!! I don’t know if I should pull the trigger :tired_face: Already have a 4WD TB DD set coming and don’t know yet if I’ll be using it 4WD or 2x 2WD as I’m interested in a second stealthier build (might be better for switzerland)

1 Like

No problem, your doubts are the others doubts so I hope it will be useful for others too.

So there is stll a bit of confusion. I do not provide front truck by any mean. It’s a clone paris truck what you can have with the hubs, but also a original paris truck wil lwork or whatever truck you are willing to modify. The front truck you can by it on ALi for cheap or original paris from skate shops. Just keep in mind that the hubs add 3 cm on the side so it’s better to pair it with a paris 190mm in front. The hubs already comes with sleeves, the 10 euro is for spare ones. So you can always use them as hubs too.

In case of the DD the custom rear truck hanger is uncluded, but you need the base plate. Whihc is made for a Paris truck but can probably work with the other too. Bolts are not included but skateboard hardware is usually M5 x 35-40mm bolt and nut. I think everyone wants kegel afdapter but as I said I will try to make within the price the design with optimize adapter so that I can share the front panel step file and everyone can desing his own adapter and print it. I advice 97mm wheel at least. Otherwise the clearance will be rather low. Last things motors comes with bullet 4mm and jst 1.5mm PH as most of the motors. So will have to change it or use adaptors based on whihc connectos you have on the vesc. I can offer these connectors for cheap if need it, don’t worry already did with the previous GB. I advice everyone to install their own since we are talking about a DIY forum and assembly is part of the game, but if someone is really out of the game and wants me to do it, I can help but will have to wait that I ship the other drives first.

1 Like

Man you should be already satisfied with it then :grin: Maybe the hubs only then if you want really stealthy

Thing is I want to go away from hubs
But you said it’s way better than on others so… maybe?

these hubs are for sure the most powerful I have ever tried so far. At least in the good quality price zone they are on top for sure. Then more premium hubs will perform better

have you ridden a raptor2? how is it in comparison?

I tired once but was 10s and didn’t impress me too much. But didn’t try it so much to really say something for sure. I would like to try it at 12s to really tell yuo the difference. I have guys that contacted me that use the MAD huubs at 12s and they said that they smoked a raptor 2. I guess a raptor 10s. Never tried on my own to be honest, but they are strong.

that sounds good :blush:
only had a normal (10S) raptor2 so :smile:

actually I just wanna know how yours compare to the torqueboard’s

I think TB board succeeded in putting a bigger stator in it. I don’t make these motors, to be clear, I only organised the GB for them. I made the conversion kit to DD. They although have a decent stator size that’s probably why they are stronger than average hubs.

1 Like

Yeah, I know
I guess I’ll wait and if you’re missing one person for the DD GB… I guess I’ll (have to) join then

1 Like

the hubs are already covered they will probably go anyway. The DD will see it :grin: last november when I starte there was nothing on the market so I had to create my own DD adn I wanted capable of doing both, hubs and DD. That’s why. Planning a short AT build to replace my spud commuter board. I want the daily comfort.

1 Like

I was thinking of buying me the Carvon DD’s last summer, but read that they’re not good in delivery, so I waited… and now there is DD for (almost) everyone :heart:

yeh DD is a nice solution. What I like of doing stuff by my own is that I prototype on my own and I am faster than companies :rofl:

Your luck is, that you don’t have to make all those quality tests
If it works like you wanted, you can already use it

And if you think it’s safe enough, you can also try to sell it

yeh sure, I am not planning of anything big with it. It’s really for a niche. It also true that I believe that most of the companies never even touched and milled a single metal parts. That being said I advice to buy from companies if you want the whole buying experience. I grow up with a DIY mindset. I am not looking at making the most shiny, fancy part on the market. Otherwise price goes to high.

For me, the specs have to fit the price
let away any unnecessary BS like styling (I want to be able to look at it, but that’s it) and give me the performance

exactly

1 Like

Excatly that how I made this drive train. It will look really cool at least to me. Comperable to production one and still offering both hub and DD. That was the idea. It’s not a shining logo that will make the different. Although planing of put a logo on it if price is not too much. For me the most important part is name and MAD Fury you can’t beat it…just joking, but It’s true that I always start from the name

1 Like