2nd Round MAD hubs Group Buy + MAD Fury Direct Drive Conversion Kit [EU/US]_Completed

Sorry I am not following :sweat_smile:

For the Kv those are fixed I asked the factory to modify them I am fighting to bring them lower for who wants to use them with big 107mm wheels. They already said 60Kv it is not possible for the winding. I will try 65-70Kv but I can tell you that 90% of the case won’t happen.

1 Like

Sorry, barrier language I guess ^^ I was too much excited also maybe :smile: I just wanted to emphasize the fact that your question was not very fair for my wallet :money_mouth_face: …

Ho ok, thank Alessio ! Good to know. Next step here is to make also the motor one day :upside_down_face: !

Do you think milling a 100mm worth it ?

Ho also, about the sleeve :

Spare PU sleeve? How many units (1 unit equal 1 PU sleeve, 10 Euro, specify amount)

that is for extra sleeve ?

1 Like

Ahahah got it. I put the different options because some asked for that. Anyhow I am making from scratch the DD with the MAD Storm but will take some time and costs also more, there the KV can be decided… These are nice hubs, strong, that were on the market for 2 times the price you are taking them now. With the DD kit will give a cheap DD experience but don’t get me wrong the quality is there. It’s just the price low because I want to make it like that. I really like ride them every day and want to give the opportunity to others to try them out :grin:

Yes the sleeve are extra. The hubs come with one installed.

Didn’t understand what yuo mean with drilling 100mm

2 Likes

And we can just thanks you again a lot for that ! We’re glad to get someone as invested on this “little” MAD Hub !! (Like I told you, I’m exactly in the same tough about hub motor, I fall in love for the free wheel and riding experience (if you also push) and overall look more closer to classic esk8 ! Riding with the cut off start are really not bad, and it’s a great help somethime ^^ )

It’s more of a question that intrigued me, but : Do you think I could machine a 100mm wheel (like the boa, or 97mm FW) to replacement the actual 90mm sleeve, just to get more comfort (assuming I can’t get the DD Furry fast enough… based on my economy… but again I ask mostly out of curiosity, I know that some have already done - just want your fov Alessio :wink: ) ?

EDIT : G Form done :+1:

Sure you can, @visnu777 made a thread about how to own cast your wheel. He posted the link to the PU with high rebound you need ecc… Totally feasible :wink:

1 Like

ho, thanks! I forget that I guess, or it is him who advised me yr ago … :blush: “too much” project to follow and things to learn here! Love it !!!

2 Likes

better like that than a total flatness :wink:

2 Likes

I should be down assuming price as stated… will know for sure by end of the week but added for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

sure the price stays like that. Of course if we reach a decent number :wink:

Ok so the company received the parts lists for the DD kit. They will let me know the cost of the low cost design and the high cost one as specified before.

Here two picture so that you can see how the final product would be. Simple to keep lower the cost, but still sick to me :smile:

97mm wheels

100mm BOA

Probably you have seen it already, but in case you do not know how it sounds. Unfortunately I only have bench test video.

2 Likes

Signed up for dual DD! Need to find brown kegel 100mm wheels now :smiley:

What lead time do you have in mind?

need render with the giant 110mm tbh!

Depends how fast people confirm. Based in my experience the reason why GB takes longer is not the delivery time or production. 60% of the leading time is due to people not confirming in time. Then when the GB is closed everyone shows up and they want to join :joy: I should make fake dead line… :smile: I am also asking around for kegel core wheels. I found them but MOQ is 1000 units ahahaba

3 Likes

I will. Anyhow for who is interested in DD and big wheels the company confirmed that they can make a 60Kv version! That’s suoe rexcating for me too. One set is mine. Stated clear! I hope the price won’t change since the have to do an amendment to make it. To me up to 97 100mm wheels 75 Kv is plenty. With 97mm you have gmgreat torque and crazy speed. 100mm I guess is the same but the 110 or 5inch pneumatic you will need 60Kv.

4 Likes

Very diplomatic answer :yum:

It’s the truth. Anyhow except the people factor the hubs will come in 2 weeks after payment. Based on last time. The machining time of the parts probsbly will take 2-3 weeks. To be honest never off short CNC parts. Always made by myself.

2 Likes

What’s the GB close date?

Once I know the price of the DD and posted then I will count max 2 weeks. If we reach a decent number before then I will close it sooner. I won’t make it last any longer than need it.

5 Likes

Important update the guy confirmed that it’s possible to make them 60Kv. That being said they will be the first time ever, same last time for the new locking system and since I am a bit stubborn they agree to make them. To make them 60Kv the winding will be different. So same stator ecc but more loops and less wires for each motor phase wire. The total amount of copper should be similar but we would be the first one testing them. Lower than 60Kv is not possible with this motor. That for who may want run the DD with > 100mm wheels. I have found out that based on the data I have from other people running them and myself, the actual speed becomes really accurate if you use the esk8 calculator with motor efficiency at 100%. Just in case you want to play with it.

http://calc.esk8.it/#{"batt-type-lipo":0,"batt-cells":12,"motor-kv":60,"system-efficiency":100,"motor-pulley-teeth":1,"wheel-pulley-teeth":1,"wheel-size":100}|

2 Likes

@linsus for you sir :grin:

MAD_Fury_110mm%20wheels

7 Likes