2nd Round MAD hubs Group Buy + MAD Fury Direct Drive Conversion Kit [EU/US]_Completed

76mm :wink:

2 Likes

Based on the other thread, I only need to drill holes to mount the DD if I have my own Paris trucks? Is this correct? I donā€™t have to shave anything?

I call DD the conversion kit and hub motor the original layout. So if you mean the hub motors, yes if you sue original Paris truck you only have to drills 2 holes of about 5mm on each side. In the first GB thread Iposted an how to do guide with all the steps. There I was using a clone Paris truck and I had to shave it a bit, the original Paris fits perfectly. In alternative you cna get the hubs with their truck already drilled.

1 Like

I remember you had an issue with the braking power with these hubs. Your recommendation is what for brakes?

-12 to -15 range?

Also -50 maxā€¦ cool, I will definitely stick with a small battery setup. I am expecting maybe a 10s2p 30T build to keep this a light weight cruiser. Although I might go the 10s3p route. Havenā€™t figured it out yet.

Damn, I am talking about this as if we already ordered the hubs, LOL!

4 Likes

I have a set of authentic Paris trucks. As far as I know, theyā€™re the non fake ones.

Iā€™m in for two sets man. Let me know.

Since the demand seems enough I asked the company if they have them ready for shipping. I will open the GB google sheet as soon I got reply for them. Then 1 week, max 2 and I close it. At the same time I will do the run the one for the DD kit once got back from the factory.

3 Likes

ahahah the braking issue was due to the flipsky 6.6 vesc. Itā€™s a known behaviour for the vesc. Now I am using the unity and I have -12A for braking. Really good braking.Of course 75Kv hubs have more braking then the 130Kv. Braking goes with torque.

2 Likes

If they have the logo on them should be the real one.

1 Like

AHHHHHā€¦thatā€™s right. It was in that thread. It is all coming back to me. Makes sense, and it will be helpful since I have a FSESC6.6 collecting dust. Thanks for the heads up!

2 Likes

Yes, it has the logo. Woohoo

Then no problem

Like yeah Iā€™m in if OK. Great work!

1 Like

Ok guys so got reply from the company. The price compare to last summer increased like 30$, because last time got the real first batch and we were like beta tester. Anyhow I used all my skills :smile: (better to say, my stubborn) and I could get almost the same price as last year. So the two hubs to my place without truck would be 180 euro instead of 170. Believe me that they should be 210 from a GB factory price as it is now. Good news that I found better quotation for the shipping cost in EU. So for who is in EU. 90% of the case the total cost will be 195-200 Euro, as it was before. For US folks 210-215 Euro. The total price didnā€™t changed so I think itā€™s fine. I can not ask more. Was really the better price I could get for the amount we are going to order. Anyhow I will soon open the Google form. I ask you to fill in all the fields so that I donā€™t have to ask you another time info before shipping. For money transfer would be in $. To pay the company. Thst one can be done with PayPal friends or family, good and service (fees are high, like 15$ on top of the price) or transfer wise. For me all fine. Only condition, if you use good and service I will only ship to the address linked to the account. Read to much annoying stories about it, so I need to follow PayPal rules. Then a second payment for the shipping in Euro will follow, to regulate eventually extra fees cost for PayPal or I would also like spare sleeves eccā€¦ All the people that partecipate to the GB before can spoke for me. My words stay, so donā€™t worry. You will get what we agreed. I strongly believe in the community and I will never do the same outside, but here I put a lot of trust in people. It can sounds obvious but I prefer to state it clear once at the beginning :grin:

What you need to know:

- 2 hubs (only motors) 180 Euro

- spare PU sleeves (10 Euro each)

- Predrilled Paris 180mm truck ( 10 Euro)

Shipping EU from 15 to 30 (most of the people wiil fit between 15 to 22 euro) Shipping US fixed rate 35Euro.

I think itā€™s all. I will make the Google form asap.

Ah forgot. I asked the quotation for the the direct drive kit with two possible options:

• low cost: motor can is 3D printed (I use like that in ABS, since I noticed thst all the direct drive motor can becomes shit after a while and in this motor is just there to cover the screws no structural purpose). So you save the cost of them, I will provide the STL file for it and you can print or I can do it for cheap. Plus the Pulley can be slightly simpler, so will cost less.
  • full metal kit. All the parts machined in metal.

I also asked central truck and metal can anodized or powder coated in black. If we do it, we do it right :wink:

1 Like

Google form for the hubs only, for the DD after I get the estimated price

Oh crap. I got excited and filled it out. I wanted DD :sob::joy:

yeh I will let people know how much is it for the DD. Just a bit more patience :laughing: I have to wait their reply.

1 Like

I add the option to sign for the DD kit. My bad that didnā€™t mention it before. sorry.

I am in :wink: . They look like a nice cheep hub solution for me. Still interested in the DD, but not shure yet because of the clearanceā€¦

1 Like

I really like them despite the DD solution.

I asked the company whether they changed the PU sleeve based of our comments during the last GB. Basically only in one case, I think also due to a wrong winding for which they send a new stator in replacement, the metal screws digged inside the PU sleeve once they were really hot. We suggested to make a different central core but still now they have sold several drive trains and that was the only case. Anyhow they provide STL files for an insert to add in top of the screws (ABS is good for printing) to make a really thight fit that helps in preventing it. I have used quite extensively and so all the others and we didnā€™t have problem. Anyhow you can find it in the first GB thread. I will ask people to print these little inserts by themselves, otherwise I will help too :wink:

2 Likes

ho fuck ā€¦ I was completing the form and then comes the question, 1, 2 or 4WD :sweat_smile: Lucky (or not) for me I canā€™t if I want to could test the Fury after ^^

If you could tell them, maybe 50/60kv with a 100mm sleeveā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: