2nd Round MAD hubs Group Buy + MAD Fury Direct Drive Conversion Kit [EU/US]_Completed

In my opinion is the most comfortable hubs I have ridden. More than meepo style to understand. It gives a really smooth ride. Now that I am using full skate wheels I only feel the difference with the popoca. Normal clone wheels does not impress me actually. I rode these hubs with the popoca only in front and they do a lot to the ride. Just another level of wheels to me. That’s why I am going to use them with my next DD :smile: So if you do not ride off road then the hubs are fine. I would pair them with popoca in front.

2 Likes

If u fix a kegel adapter im in for a pair of dds :stuck_out_tongue:

Great work on this GB. @rey8801, Quick question about the hubs, do you have to modify (shave) the paris hubs in order to get the MAD hubs to fit?

I just need to know if a brotha has to shave shit again. I am sick of shaving damn trucks. I swear I read about this before… but for the life of me I can’t remember if you did or not?

1 Like

Sooooo nice, so tempting, so blown esk8 budget this mth

I’m wondering what would happen if you mounted a 107mm+ wheel, for me now I’m just curious if the factory would be open to making an even lower kv version

Good luck with it!

1 Like

I aready have the kegel adapter but I could test it with popoca only. I guess most of you want to use it with boa, they have same core that I am sure, but would be nice to test the fit anyway. If someone in EU can send a single boa I will make sure it fits nice. Of course I will cover the shipping cost for the wheels.

1 Like

No I don’t think they will be open to modify the current desing. DUring the previous GB I already asked for changes. We would need to reach way higher numbers or pay by out own. I am using them with 97mm and the torque still crazy at 12s. I guess with 107 would be scary fast.

1 Like

That’s for sure, I don’t see @b264 on them with Boas at 12s!

Wondering what a 10s5p would do on 107s

So cool !!! Thank you a lot Alessio for this good deal :wink: I’m in for a set (75kV) WO truck if possible … no prob if it’s with it as a set.

I say no to the second option of including your Fury adaptor, not that I’m not interested, I want it too, but just because of :money_with_wings: I will need a few months if it will still be possible.

Big Up :v:

2 Likes

Yeh to me will be still pleasant but you will loose the kick they have. Just assumption. At 12s I think they can still be really fun with 107mm wheels. Maybe pushing a bit more amp in there just in case :smile:

2 Likes

the truck is optional, is like 10 euro. Orininal Paris truck will fit, you only need to drill two holes each side to fix the hubs. You can also modify almost whatever truck to fit these hubs. I modified some of them in the past.

2 Likes

Original Paris truck fits perfectly. They were made for it. You need to drill two holes each side to fix them firmly

2 Likes

2 Likes

Ok, perfect so. Thanks mate! I plan to make like my old setup, and ride with Cronin again But Im glad to go with the MAD this time :wink: I will get the all thing out-wheel to out-wheel wider I supposed, also customizes less the hanger. I look forward :blush:

4 Likes

Yep one of the guy who got the hubs from the previous batch used the same truck. you will need to modify them on the lathe or file them by end. Did several time for other people. thanks to @LukePL for the pic. The collar screws can be replaced with M4 x 6-7mm screws to be flushed with the truck. Do not know why they come with such long M4 screws. I always replace them. image image

3 Likes

That is the one I saw I guess :smiley:

Looks perfect, can’t wait now !

I didn’t have had the time to go through all, so if it was already posted…:tipping_hand_man: If not than here the weight with Paris trucks image

4 Likes

thanks a lot! You are the first one posting the weight. Thanks. I will add it to the description on top :wink:

@StefanMe

3 Likes

Little question :blush: , what the continuous recommended Amps to set on those? or max power? (torqueboard old hub page does not exist anymore) Do you know if they have a little feature list or datasheet of them ?

max recommend amp is 50A for hub (motor max). As direct drive, since they run so cool I increased to 60A for the 97mm wheels to get back the kick you have at 90mm. At 90mm wheels with 50A at 12s I challenge you to stay on the board at half throttle. Even at 40kmh (nothing for these hubs, really nothing) if you give throttle you get a huge kick that will throw you off. I was going to print a foot stop to prevent that. Then realised that I do not have enough space on my spud :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

hahaa niiice :smile: thanks for the feed back,

also, when you get the opportunity, what it the outer diameter of the larger part here WO the PU on ? sorry it probably has already been said but I can not find the info ^^ Capturefd

1 Like