2nd Round MAD hubs Group Buy + MAD Fury Direct Drive Conversion Kit [EU/US]_Completed

If that’s possible without increasing the cost then yes.

1 Like

Ok I will write it down. If we get 5 pairs of each adpeter the price won’t increase. Let you know when I make the Excel files :wink:

1 Like

10 Charizard

1 Like

Just FYI, my angled risers not only corrected the angle, but also pushed the trucks forwards to reduce the chances of wheel bite even further…

1 Like

Yeh I though so as well but then not sure ABS or PETG would be strong enough due to the angle. I am actually designing an adjustable base plate for caliber and Paris (they are almost the same) I think thst would be the best solution. Then you will only need to add normal riser to avoid wheel bite

2 Likes

Excel files are ready. I will create the private pm later. As you know I ma making a short AT and I can not digest to use ugly angled riser for normal truck. So I made something to get rid of them.

I posted here as well in case you are interested. Of course in your case the price is less since you save in shipping.

GB pm created. If I left you out, then please knock the door :smile:

1 Like

I missed the buy but was just curious about the conversion kit, is it something that I could fix any outrunner to, of course with some dissassembly and tooling i asume? I’m really interested in a DD system but want more flexibility to use smaller motors and wheels. great work regardless!

1 Like

Hi. Thank you.

No the DD kit only works with the MAD hubs. It’s specific design it. The GB is closed but I order some more motors and kits in case someone else want one. Not many like 1 or 2 more I think.

I’ve got a LaCroix but I’m not getting on well with the MBS Matrix II trucks. That’s why I’m in on The Hammock! Really excited about that!

Now I’m looking at hangers and drive options. I need something very wide to replace the Matrix II’s, which are about 400 mm. Best I can find right now is either the Fatboy 240 or the Kahua.

Is Mad Fury an option here? Could they deliver enough power and torque to drive an 8" hub and would the performance be consistent with (or better than) the standard 6374s?

1 Like

the mad fury are powerful and stator size is comperable and more than most of the 6374 motors out there. The problem that they are 75Kv to high for 8inch pneumatic. There is a option of 60Kv and I ma getting them for testing but they were never made before so I can not say too much about it. Also with 60Kv the top speed will be too high so you will have looses in torque. I think the best option in that case would be 4wd then I am sure it will deliver what you need. Anyhow I made them for standard deck so the axle is 290mm wide. Too far from what you need. Also the MAD storm that I ma making now that uses 6380 motors will be around 320mm wide. If you need a such wide hanger then I think gear drive is the way to go. @moon is making a beta test round maybe you can still get on board. Just my honest opinion.

1 Like

Anyhow hammock is Paris, caliber compatible so Kahua should fit too. I guess @Riako is gonne be the first one to answer this question :grin:

1 Like

@rey8801 any news on this deck?

1 Like

Hi! The 2 decks are ready. I have pictures and I will update the thread soon. Based on what I saw sp far they look amazing. Super exited to use them. I hope they ride well then I will be really happy about it.

2 Likes

Any plan on selling the decks?

Well I first want to ride them. Then If I think I design something worth it, I will provide them. They are 2 one accessible, the mini AT board, called Choo Choo (thanks @deucesdown :laughing:). Based on what it costs I think I can make some for 135$. On the other hand the BullyDeck literally was overwhelmed and making requires a lot of material and time so price is really high. Well comperable to more premium deck. It can only be above 300$, how much can not be sure now. I will show the final pictures once I have them and I can take the right measures and use them.

4 Likes

Looking for a deck to install my DDs. Let me know how it goes.

Keeping my hummie and might convert it to offroad once I get yours installed.

1 Like

Sure. I should get the decks next week.

Sorry I’m late ^^

About larger one ? I guess you’re right about the Kahua en FB240 … but a full kit of two truck is less than a hanger :smile: Or maybe wait a little bit for the precision Kahua that @riverside.rider is working on.

(JTK, I haven’t SF RKP, how wide is it with the 200mm hanger and 80/90mm axel ? )

If you’re gonna use them on 8" even with a 4WD/AWD setup I don’t think it can egalize a dual rear setup of geared 6374 … But maybe I’m wrong.
With air tire, I would go Quattro with hub.

I really can’t wait to see you’re Berg + 60kV Mad Fury setup and feedback Alessio !
Can’t wait to finish my custom hub motor for AT wheels (6.5/7/8") with a 80mm motor!!

1 Like

yeh the AT hub motors sounds pretty damn interesting.