2018 ... innovations and trends

This whole thread is pointless. We all know the best innovation/trend of 2019 is the wowgo 2s electric skateboard. :triumph:

14 Likes

I think you spelled FaBoard Gold wrong

10 Likes

:nauseated_face: I donā€™t feel so good. @neiru37 you must have an iron stomach.

I was close to mark it as solutionā€¦

5 Likes

I havenā€™t had breakfast yet

1 Like

What? Do you have a problem with the first e-Skateboard designed by a real skater? :joy: :joy: :joy: :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Oh god is this going to turn into another @b264 esk8 campaign? Iā€™m all out of bait :joy:

4 Likes

As a programmer, Iā€™ve learned how important it is to name things accurately. It saves so much work and effort and money later.

In this specific case, howā€™d you like if 2 years from now every single switch is labeled ā€œPush to Startā€ because the cheap China clones know thatā€™s what English words sell shit. Well, thereā€™s nothing you can do if it then arrives in the mail and itā€™s a ā€œpush to startā€ ā€“ you know, you push a button and it starts. Because if you search for ā€œpush to startā€ itā€™s universally known that means pushing a button.

ā€œRoll to startā€ is unambiguous.

4 Likes

He was designing the esk8 for years and now but he keeps mentioning how heā€™s talking to the persion whoā€™s making the whole thing. It will be totally different from the others like a true original thatā€™s not right off diyeboards shelf :man_facepalming:

1 Like

But you push a skateboard.

And this switch makes the skateboard turn on when you push it.

Soā€¦ itā€™s completely logical right?

1 Like

I actually talked to him on Instagram and he insisted that he designed everything from the ground upā€¦ I even sent him the link :smile: And the saddest thing is that there are people out there who actually buy those boards and think they got a good dealā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah ā€“ until you have no way to know if a switch does that, or doesnā€™t do that, because of namespace pollution.

Whatever, do whatever you want, I donā€™t give a shit.

You can also call shoes and gloves both ā€œlimb protectorsā€ but you wouldnā€™t want them all labeled that way, would you? Because then shopping for one is much more difficult.

2 Likes

Well if you price up the parts, as inferior as they are, and consider that thereā€™s at least some customer support and QC that went into them before they were shipped, it actually isnā€™t a ā€œbad dealā€.

Itā€™s still a shit board but its not a bad deal in the grand scheme of things :smiley:

1 Like

thanks @b264 thatā€™s a good name for this product.

2 Likes

Yes and noā€¦ I actually donā€™t think that there is a ā€œnewā€ QC in comparison that diyeboard already had. I think the boards get produced at the same factory with the same qcā€¦ :slight_smile:

:rofl:

Iā€™m having the time of my life!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s true but at least thereā€™s a pass through haha. They might spot a wheel missing or a deck snapped in half!

2 Likes

Damn I kinda feel bad about starting the whole Faboard and push to start fiasco :joy:

1 Like

Totally off topicā€¦ Donā€™t worry I can flag all of it :relieved: :point_up:

To be fair, I legit think the push / kick push /roll to start switch is a cool innovation. Maybe we should name it hands free switch. Still 3 syllables!

4 Likes