2018 ESK8CON PLEASANTON CALIFORNIA, USA - Thread #2

10 Characters?

3 Likes

This right here.:arrow_heading_up:

Letā€™s meet up, talk, build/tweak and ride!

2 Likes

Why? I find that building is almost as much fun as riding. Prebuilts have nothing to offer me, they typically use the innovations that we discover and very seldom actually contribute to our community. I donā€™t see the common ground with prebuilt manufacturers, maybe prebuilt riders. This is for themā€¦ electric-skateboard.club

That sounds great, and as a general philosophy I am in total agreement, but we are talking about a convention. A defacto business entity, at least it shouldnā€™t lose money, so outlook planning and management has to take that into account You donā€™t see milk fans at a milk producers convention, thereā€™s a good reason too, they like to drink milk not make itā€¦there is no impetus.

If yall want a convention for esk8, thatā€™s another matter, I thought we were planning a convention for esk8 builders. Iā€™m happy to take part, even put up some of the cost, but there needs to be a clear project plan in place if this is going to be successful.

4 Likes

This is true, but Iā€™m thinking that most of us are not going to be able to drag our workshops along with us to actually build something from scratch. :frowning:

That being said, I think there is an opportunity for some subject matter experts to give talks and demos. Iā€™d do a demo on taking a design to 2.5D aluminum part. I think I might be able to line up a sponsor for the CNC too. Just need a decent PC and a projector. Or even a 3D printing primer for those interested in that topic.

I see this as an opportunity to learn from one another and have a great time while doing so!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got a projector and notebook, your welcome to them.

For you. Others would disagree. Prebuilts like Boosted and Evolve has inspired people to make better boards and clones. Hell prebuilts are the reason for many on why theyā€™ve become builders or Filthy Commisioners (me :slightly_frowning_face:).

So wouldnā€™t you want to include more audience base that draws in more money to subsidize (Iā€™m bad at words) the cost ? Builders, while wide and large, are in no way big enough nor have the funds (travel, hotels, etc) to faithfully subsidize this event. If anything , you want builders AND pre-builders.

Agreed , next post should be a poll on whether people wants this to be a builder convention or All-Esk8 convention.

Right here :wink:

1 Like

can you imagine what a convention overrun by boosted boards would be like? ::shudders::

I can hear the whining of their motors now. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

@mikenyc @mmaner you can be weary of it now but Iā€™d love to see the joy in your faces if everyone in the world suddenly used esk8s instead of cars - production or not

2 Likes
  • Fairgrounds
  • ShadowCliffs
  • Other (please state below)

0 voters

2 Likes

I donā€™t say this to be an ass, but itā€™s impossible to constructively argue against rhetoric. I think there plenty of people to support this right here in our little community.

1 Like

But the idea of this wasnā€™t founded on ā€œletā€™s have a builders conventionā€. It was founded on the very premise of combining everyone. Builder and non-builder. Boosted or acton. Hell even if you had a freakin onewheel. Even a stinkin alibaba board.

When @Michaelinvegas started this, he didnā€™t want a convention based on whether or not youā€™re a builder. Dammit he just wanted anyone and everyone who had a god Danm board to have a good ass time. The basis of having event only for builders and nice and all, but that is not nor was It ever the basis of what this idea was founded on. (My fault if Iā€™m sounding aggressive bro)

Ok, that wasnā€™t the impression I got. If you wanna go to a boosted/evolve convention have a good time. I personally donā€™t.

Iā€™m good with whatever, yā€™all just let me know if I can help.

2 Likes

jesus you look like youre 15 :rofl:

4 Likes

i get the people want to include everybody and all, but I honestly canā€™t imagine some of those boosted board guys coexisting with all the diyers.

2 Likes

We all know that one ā€˜boostedā€™ guy. But itā€™s okay, we will kick their asses in all competitions but board weight lol

Whoā€™s gonna bring a white screen?

1 Like

Am bringing my carvon 4wd if anyone wants to try it. :wink: 120amps of raw power

2 Likes

Got one if them too :grinning:

2 Likes

unless thereā€™s a vlogging competition.

donā€™t forget to like and subscribe!

3 Likes

Being in the bay area, let me know if theres anything I can do to help!

I know hummie and I will bring hubs (hopefully some for sale on the spot). And I will have at least my commuter 4wd board, hopefully I have my drag race 4wd board ready by then also :slight_smile:

3 Likes