2018 Electric Skateboard Convention - #Esk8Con2018

@korryh That is also an idea… me and @ekitesurfer terrorized CES with out boards…we will see abt cost and availability.

Dude, when are you going to come out to Boulder? We have killer hills and sweet bike paths. You gotta come see, way more fun than riding around on flat ground in some shitty city… Those bike paths at the wetlands area are pretty sweet though, definitely need to get everybody out there.

Shooting for Tuesday @ekitesurfer but not sure I have family in town

Make it Wednesday and we have a deal

Are guys ok with Leif ?

I’m thinking yes

1 Like

I’ll have to check @ekitesurfer

You are coming right?

FuCK YeAH…

2 Likes

You should enter the race on your own personal board :checkered_flag:

Fucking oath i should…

1 Like

Maan, loocks like I need to save up, I need to be there lol. Hats off to anyone involved to seeing this thrue. Turning a Forum to a community is just beautiful! Thank you

1 Like

I’m going to have to drive there. My boards aren’t allowed on planes, and if i’m going to show up to something like this, I need to bring boards. Exotic boards. Of ridiculous power and configuration. Not to mention booth stuff like t-shirts and stickers and samples to put your hands on.

Fairgrounds would be a good venue. Maker fair was awesome at the fair grounds here in Orlando. Wherever it is, it needs to have lots of pavement. Decent pavement, and plenty of parking. And room for food trucks. I need tacos and Swedish meatballs and corndogs and funnel cakes.

And i’m not saying it really has anything to do at all with esk8s, but a Gravitron blasting Aerosmith and Poison wouldn’t hurt either.

6 Likes

It’s be cool to invite some big youtubers don’t you think

I am hearing alot of support for taco carts, just say’n

3 Likes

@Michaelinvegas I love this idea and I’m here to help if I can. Have you thought about having an indoor location as a part of the event so that we can have panels and\or presentations from vendors and builders? Imagine someone from Carvon, @onloop, @psychotiller, @torqueboards, or @longhairedboy breaking down a build and sharing tips and details. vendors could reveal upcoming products, maybe we could have a few video screenings, like @RunPlayBack’s “Session Error.”

I love that there will be a lot of outdoor time, but I think a chunk of time to convene inside might makes a lot of sense.

Another thing to add to your list: you might need a medic tent throughout the event. There are bound to be some falls with this many folks riding in a single place. Some hotels can connect you w a vendor that will handle it.

Also, a quick thought about legal; make sure the convention is set up through a business entity and not just yourself as sole proprietor, else any problems that arise will become your own personal liability :slight_smile:

@Michaelinvegas Yes! Not only are their products (and their IR&D budgets) essential to our interests, they also have the money to help sponsor a major event. If you only look to esk8 companies I think you’d find that many are in startup mode and sponsorships aren’t as likely.

4 Likes

Linky Innovation is in

Pow :boom:

1 Like

I’m really targeting an outside venue, with some sort of indoor option as back up. I’m just worried about space. I’m not saying we need a Speedway race track…but I know…we will need lots of running room so to speak. I we need an area for just general free riding, demo area and race track (one or two) …plus vendors will need to get set up…and packed up quickly…and would be ideal for them to just drive to their designated location and set up shop…instead of loading and hauling…I’ve seen too many conventions and the amount of effort to lug shit from the truck to the location is a whole other pain in the ass.

Drive up, pitch tent, banners, chairs and tables…and whatever other marketing material hey have …and of course boards…it gives them a place to lock things up if needed…acts like a home base so they can bring coolers and stuff they need to be there all day and night…

We will need to have some sort of arena for talks etc…so we will need a PA system …

1 Like

Yeah more shit to figure out…

Can it be BYOB?

Bring your own band-aids?

1 Like

@Landwheel is in too :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

LOL let’s get Jack Antler to come :joy:

‘We’ll be at the convention you want’ ‘We’ll bring the board for you’