2018 Electric Skateboard Convention - #Esk8Con2018

Hell yeah, I want this to happen so bad!

Yeah lots of talking behind the scenes folks … will keep u posted

3 Likes

That is a big can do!!!

1 Like

Lol oh yeah … mr. Bust a stich can get on that

1 Like

Wait, this is still going on? Awesome! What’s the new set date?

Still tentative for April but could push to may and still have awesome weather… working on it

2 Likes

Stitches are out Fucknut!

5 Likes

Concrete Wave would love to be a media partner…or just help out in anyway we’ll definitely help spread the word…

4 Likes

Oh …what an honor @Concretewave thank you!!! :pray:t2:

1 Like

Eric at Shredlights has partnered up with me … we should talk soon

1 Like

Let me put this here for folks @Concretewave

http://www.concretewavemagazine.com

3 Likes

we are so down! tell Shredlights I say hi and ask what’s up?!

2 Likes

Cheers and thanks … yeah Eric is ready to work …think he just came back from visiting his family and a bachelor party :tada: lol

1 Like

Please fill out if you haven’t already

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe2eRd2g5zrQZ45YC-07PSJoTkXpZrl-QOQk2KYYGW8btXjsg/viewform?c=0&w=1

1 Like

I just had a thought. Given the DIY nature of the forum, would it make sense to invite OSHW “maker” companies to exhibit/sponsor the event? Maybe even have them produce parts on-scene as demonstrations?

Companies like:

Openbuilds SMW3D Inventables Carbide 3D

Prusa Research Printrbot See Me CNC LulzBot

OSH Park SparkFun Adafruit Digi-Key

Autodesk

UNLV Engineering <- ME, EE, Tech Commercialization, CompSci students/faculty

Make <- Maybe write an article for these folks around the event… Hackaday <- Maybe write an article for these folks around the event…

Also, maybe get Syn Shop and The Community Tool Chest to come out? Are there any other hackerspaces/makerspaces in Vegas? Since this is a community event it only makes sense to try and build these local connections - maybe even arrange an outing to one as part of the event.

Also, can we get some analytics from the owner of this site to show potential sponsors the level of interest in this sport at a state/national/international level? I’m not even sure who to talk to. It would be very helpful in making the ROI case to sponsors. Maybe organize a survey or surveys around CNC/3D printing/electronics/CAD/CAM to gauge interest. I have access to SurveyMonkey at work, maybe I’ll write something up and get this started.

4 Likes

MakerFair is coming to Detroit next week and looks like A2ESK8 guys will have a booth there , so i do think DIY Esk8 and “maker” companies go hand in hand , i like the idea.

oh and you can count us in for the show Mike ( PulseBoards - www.pulseboards.com )

1 Like

There are a lot of related companies…esk8 ain’t their mainstay… of course the offer will go out…but it is up to them to see the marketing value in coming.

I do foresee traditional skateboard/longboard companies making an appearance (eh hem… @ChrisChaput :wink:) we are also thier consumers. So, def want the wheel guys, truck, deck guys to come out…we need to start assimilation (I sound like the Borg… Resistance is futile!) we need to be recognized as Skateboards and Longboards are recognized…hence growing esk8. And growth in esk8 means that your favorite skateboard/longboard company starts selling esk8 specific stuff…which is good for them. I’ll give you an example: Shredlights before were targeting skateboarders. In comes Esk8. Since my group buy…they evolved their product to fit Esk8. Look at their website. Changed. Now the have an electric skateboard pack. Definitely more esk8 friendly than before, which made no mention of electric Skateboards in the past. Shredlights sells more lights to Esk8er’s than traditional skaters now. And look Eric putting the Shredlights weight in to the #esk8con

So, there is a possibility that there are other companies that have the vision to make a presence.

4 Likes

We have a close relation with Darryl @ Croozerboards (croozerboards.com), custom longboard builder out of California. I can see if he’s interested in attending

1 Like

A little more proof in the power of esk8

Take a look at Shredlights latest posts in Instagram …Where’d all the regular skateboards and longboards go???

3 Likes

Are there any plans for medical services during the event? At least have a one or two person medical personnel.